Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'88 Mustang Notch Twin Turbo 370 MS3Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks and it's at a good friends he builds and engineers custom food packaging machines so I help him out when he gets swamped a perk is using the mills and lathes. Bender and all that stuff is at my place. And yeah it will get ice dragged will have to neuter it to make it hook but should hang with the quicker cars out their if I can make it 60'. Its a blast even on a bad day.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Well I ordered a set of JCR chassis works upper and lower torque boxes and they showed up today. Man do these look nice. I think I'll have more then enough adjustability to get the car to hook. I'll post more pics soon once I get to cutting everything out. Customer service was phenomenal paul is a great guy to deal with and shipping was fast. I cannot wait to get these in. Plus side on these is he makes it easy for you to tie them into a 25.5 or 25.3 cage.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is full of awesome!
Old 01-10-2019, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Its been a while since updating this thread.. Been busy with work, holidays and so on. I picked up a Southbend Model A 9 lathe for making bushings and such so that has already proved invaluable after replacing the worn out belt. I also gave a shot at designing cutting and fabbing my own lower coilover brackets for the rear axle which I think turned out decent, I put a notch in them to French a piece of tubing to tie them into my rear axle bracing to keep everything strong. Also cut the floor pans for the thru floor subframe connectors (pic is just of when I started) so once they are welded in and I bend the #1 bar for the 25.5 its game on and will start rolling along quicker now that I have time.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Another update, I scored a set of Gibtec Custom billet pistons 4.125" bore from a friend who used them for 6 passes and some dyno time and swapped them for higher compression when switching to methanol from E85 for CHEAP (Billy Briggs built and spec'd the engine these came out of). So Dart LSnext block it is and ill have to change the title from Twin Turbo 370 to 427 lol should be right at 10.5:1 static compression... It will also now be getting Brodix BR7 LS7 style cylinder heads as well. Should be a fun little car when finished.

Quick Reply: '88 Mustang Notch Twin Turbo 370 MS3Pro