Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ITs the one on 75 south a little bit before it splits to 71 towards Louisville
Old 09-07-2018, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to Bowling Green today to talk the the Holley folks and get all my EFi stuff bought with the free shipping no tax and lsfest discount. Got this text picture from the wife showing that brown santa had been to the house and just as I got home I got a Holley email and all my new system stuff shipped out while I was driving home, What a day. ........ needless to say I am having to take the wife to dinner tonight....

Old 09-07-2018, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Wow, so it's Merry Christmas/Happy Birthday/etc./etc. to you! lol
Old 09-07-2018, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

HE!! ya, today was my day, wife said no eat out and we had some kinda $2 4 minute pasta boil so I get to go start wiring this turd up some more.

Those boxes on top are mostly wire switches, shrink tube, mostly air but needed it all, had diminished my supplies.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Back to working on the car, got the tail, turn, stop light circuit figured out and simplified. I got all the original wires coming forward and joining the flashers and relays under the Dr seat for easy access. I have found this just works well for me. Now I need to pull 6 wires forward to the center dash from under the seat, one thru the brake light switch along the way. Then I will pull another 6 or so full length from the center dash all the way to the rear. to trigger fuel pump relays and to have a couple spares and I am going to throw the rear interior back in for now. I finished shelling the dash out to just a portion of it's original self. For now I elected to leave all the duct work so I can run a good fan or blower of some sort to move some air. I like it all to look stock but weigh as close to nothing as I can get it to. Some will be put off by me dissecting the airbag out of the passenger dash and the steering wheel but they weighed 25 lbs with wiring and module and had to go. Was able to razor the dash face off the air bag actuator and just snap it back into the dash, feels solid. On the steering wheel I shelled everything out, even the clock spring. Dismantled the drivers steering wheel airbag and used Gorrilla glue to bond the mounting plate back to the black face so it looks original as well.

Here is the stuff removed on the airbag deal... Back side of steering wheel facis glued back to steel bracket w/o airbag, ...

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 09-08-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

The hole in the firewall look to have a kind of roller bearing arrangement. This picture is from ebay std. 99-04 mustang steering shaft looks like it might work but is $95 so thought Id ask if it looked right first. I have decided to put the power steering back on my car for now since I have nothing but a column at this point. I am not sure what exactly I am looking for in original steering shafts. Is there some king of additional seal in this arrangement ??

EDIT: >>> The picture makes a bit the most sense and looks like it might work on my non svt cobra car. There is 2 others on there but they are different and are listed as cobra svt shafts..

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 09-08-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Had the dash column and console out and on the floor all weekend. Pulled everything out of them to lighten and simplify. Mere shells of their former selves Quick video I put up on youtube to show the progress.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Got my EFI stuff in already today this will be a challenge from looking at the books that came with it. They made me a good deal at the show and I got the Terminator LSX package deal with the upgraded Dominator ECU, it came with several harnesses, hand held controller, a trans harness for if I decide to go the 4l80e route. More I learn about them the better they sound. Still working on wiring, I had a snafu when wiring up the brake lights and turnsignals, I always do the same simple deal with a cople relays and electronic flashers but in this situation I am chasing a back feed or something. Looks good on paper but does not work in the car. Oh well Life and hot rods... I will prevail. Just thinking I better get a handle on this tail lights deal before I start on the EMS system.........thats scary to think about too much....
Old 09-10-2018, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Going to indy in the morning for a used F body oil pan and pick up deal. Still gotta get the tube and stick, Does the stock f body stuff work in the mustangs ??
Old 09-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDETOEAT
Going to indy in the morning for a used F body oil pan and pick up deal. Still gotta get the tube and stick, Does the stock f body stuff work in the mustangs ??
Yes, I am using a Fbody pan and full accessories.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

Anybody see a problem here, i feel like this is the same deal i have done before for hand wired brake line ghts and turn signals. Problem is when i put it in the car i am getting some kind of wierd feedback loop and a bunch of chattering in the relays. Wastef too much time here already so thought id ask, Kansas nda baffled. This stuff is usually a 1 hour deal ??
Old 09-11-2018, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

What is more durable to drive several times a week for a couple of year. The up and forward ebay turbo headers or the flipped manifolds with v=band clamps welded on. Lets assume the welding is as good as it gets !! Still trying to be somewhat low buck, especially on the stuff that might get cycled out for changes as the car evolves.

Doug...
Old 09-11-2018, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think for durability, the flipped manifolds are the way to go, as there won't be much difference from headers as far as power is concerned, as the turbos will be doing the heavy lifting...
Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

A couple of questions

#1: What is the safe boost threshold for plastic intakes such as ls6, dorman ls2, stock truck ?? Are aluminum intakes needed for boost ??
#2: Is this tank worth considering. Quote from the seller... " This tank is different from all others year Mustang fuel tanks. The baffling will provide fuel around the bucket or fuel hat assembly continuously submerse in fuel. " They sell their multi pump hat to fits in it's bucket as well. Not knowing how big the bucket in it is I am wondering if it was a concern to draw it dry in a 1/4 mile pass on a big hp car. I guess it all depends on how big the well is and we don't know as far as i know.

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 09-12-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

You repeated post 32 with post 34....
Old 09-12-2018, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G Atsma
You repeated post 32 with post 34....
That was weird, not sure what happened, deleted repeat...
Old 09-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just buy a Cobra Fuel tank, it has a internal sump. Upgrade the pumps and drill a bulkhead for the return.

Thats what i did.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Looks like good advice, I ordered one today and got some used straps coming off the auction site. Decided if it looks good on the inside baffle set i’ll be fine. If not i can mod it before it goes in and i can continue filling the tank as normal which is a plus. Also decided to not get thier 3 slot fuel hat since I may want to stage pumps to save wear and amp draw and it was not set up to do this. I will be making my own hat.

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 09-12-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys, I am being a cheap *** and bought one of the $65 auction site throttle bodies to try on this setup.

#1....Problem is there is likely no service or anyone to ask with the sale and I am stumped as to what IAC and TPS to but for it. But which ones to buy ?? I am confused. Has one of these styles risen to be the std in the aftermarket. ???

#2:...Also should I rule out all but GM oem sensors ???

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 09-13-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Maybe got one half of my answer found. I have spotted the one on the right pictured in other auctions as part of a combo deal and since it is by far the most expensive, I am sure it is the one

Quick Reply: Silver 99 Mustang LS 5.3L th400 swap