Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of speed engineering turbo headers and truck manifolds on chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default pics of speed engineering turbo headers and truck manifolds on chevelle

here are some pics of speed engineering turbo headers and some pics of truck manifolds with the flange cut off. all pictures are of a lm7 5.3 with original truck accessories (but the power steering pump has a smaller diameter pulley) with no a/c in a 69 chevelle with lsx innovation motor mount plates in the stock small block location.

heres the speed engineering headers part # 25-1023

the passenger side header fits fine, although i did not try the plug wires or dipstick.

the drivers side hit the bigger diameter of the intermediate steering shaft closer to where it bolts to the column.

the other issue is if you have truck accessories you can not check your power steering fluid, because there is about an inch between the collector and the cap.

here are some of the truck manifold pics. the manifolds are from a 2002 gmc sierra 1500 non-egr with the flanges cut off.

this is a driver side manifold on the passenger side fits really good.

this is a passenger side manifold on the driver side. with only the flange cut off the exhaust outlet points directly at the steering box. it could probably work if you cut more of the manifold off.

this is a driver side manifold flipped upside down on the driver side fits really good. it does not hit the steering shaft.

this is a passenger side manifold flipped upside down on the passenger side. fits really good.

the dipstick is the ls3 dipstick and tube holley says to use with there 302-2 oil pan. the bracket looks like it needs to be tweaked a bit and maybe a spacer about 2'' long for the bracket bolt.

the stock length plug wires fit fine. although i have the heat sleeves on the wires, because they will touch the manifolds and i already had them on anyway.

Last edited by jeffs55chevy; 01-02-2019 at 11:14 AM.