Sponsored by:

LC9 5.3L Swap - Long Crank When Hot Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC9 5.3L Swap - Long Crank When Hot Issue

Hey Guys,
Have an issue with the LC9 truck motor swap - experiencing a LOOOONNNG delay in cranking before it catches.

Ive checked fuel pressure while cranking and seems to be right at 58psi - so I don’t think it’s the pump or the regulator.

55k miles - sourced from a 2012 Chevy Silverado

Only code I’m getting is p0305 - cylinder number 5 misfire. May be unrelated to the crank issue. Swapped coils 5 and 7 - no change. Changed plugs and wires- no change.

The issue is driving me crazy... if anyone has any feedback would be apprciated.

Youtube video link
Old 02-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you using for an intake and where is your IAT sensor mounted?
Old 02-27-2019, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi John: I'm running the factory LC9 truck manifold - turned 180 degrees around. Believe the sensor on the LC9's are built into the MAF - which is mounted on 90 degree elbow right off the T-body.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wesson351
Hi John: I'm running the factory LC9 truck manifold - turned 180 degrees around. Believe the sensor on the LC9's are built into the MAF - which is mounted on 90 degree elbow right off the T-body.
OK, I have an aluminum 4" section of tubing for my intake in which I installed my IAT (I am not running a MAF sensor). My tuner had mentioned that during the summer months he has seen those pipes pick up and hold a lot of heat (radiant heat off the engine) when parked and if I ever have a hard-start problem in under hot conditions, that could be why.

Doesn't sound like its your problem though.