Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From paraguai, 54 chevy truck vortec 5.3 swap help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default From paraguai, 54 chevy truck vortec 5.3 swap help

hi friends ... I'm new to the forum ... I'm from Paraguay, I hope you understand the translation of google translate (not speaking English)

I have a 54 chevy truck that I am restoring to 3 years ... here in Paraguay you can not get any parts, these old trucks are rare around here. I have been importing all the pieces for this model over 3 years ...

now I'm on the final stretch.

I imported a vortec 5.3 w 4l60e of a 2006 tahoe. The problem is that no one knows how to do this conversion here in Paraguay. I have been seeing several information here in the forum ... my biggest problem with PCM and reprogramming, and also how to turn on the speedometer, temperature engine, oil pressure of the brand dolphin gauges, the cheapest I found ... my budget is very limited

I would like someone to help me with the list of parts needed to make the engine run ... I will add photos when I learn to do this
Old 06-20-2019, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech. This link to lt1swap.com will give you your answers regarding your harness modifications and you can have you computer flashed for vats removal from him as well. Your speedometer output off the pcm should work with your gauge and the other gauge sending units can be installed on the 5.3 with no issues.
The following users liked this post:
Chesk (07-04-2022)