Rutledge Wood's LS Swapped RWB Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rutledge Wood's LS Swapped RWB Porsche

Rutledge Wood's LS Swapped RWB Porsche
By Jeffrey Bausch

Racing analyst plans to bring a supremely well-modified 1986 Porsche Carrera on the upcoming Hot Rod Power Tour.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:26 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought the American Top Gear was a bit hit and miss, but I did like Rutledge. He seems like a great guy, and this machine proves he has great taste in cars!
Old 06-22-2019, 05:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 463 Likes on 349 Posts

On the other hand, it never ceases to amaze me how this guy (who in the hell is Rutledge Wood?) has gotten any of the "jobs" he has. I absolutely do not see the appeal or the talent. To me, he brings a big fat (pun intended) zero to the table. Argh - but I'm not in his intended demographic. So there ya go. American Top Gear - I never made it through an entire episode. The bar was set far too high by the Brits - the U.S. version missed badly. Lastly - "Curated Content" -- there's, what, 2 pictures of the car and no detail whatsoever? That's stretching the word "content" more than a bit. Come to think of it - a perfect metaphor for Rutledge's contributions.

OK - rant over.
The following 4 users liked this post by Michael Yount:
Che70velle (06-22-2019), frojoe (06-23-2019), G Atsma (06-22-2019), gtxracer (06-25-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 08:07 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,369 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Yount
On the other hand, it never ceases to amaze me how this guy (who in the hell is Rutledge Wood?) has gotten any of the "jobs" he has. I absolutely do not see the appeal or the talent. To me, he brings a big fat (pun intended) zero to the table. Argh - but I'm not in his intended demographic. So there ya go. American Top Gear - I never made it through an entire episode. The bar was set far too high by the Brits - the U.S. version missed badly. Lastly - "Curated Content" -- there's, what, 2 pictures of the car and no detail whatsoever? That's stretching the word "content" more than a bit. Come to think of it - a perfect metaphor for Rutledge's contributions.

OK - rant over.
Well said. I have always had the exact thoughts on how this guy got to where he is. Anything he does in front of a camera is a fail for me personally.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Lastly - "Curated Content" -- there's, what, 2 pictures of the car and no detail whatsoever? That's stretching the word "content" more than a bit.
Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
Racing analyst plans to bring a supremely well-modified 1986 Porsche Carrera on the upcoming Hot Rod Power Tour.
At least he's timely, I mean, he's only a couple weeks late to tell us he's going to be on the Power Tour......
Old 06-24-2019, 06:07 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

OK - rant over.
According to his website, he got his first gig for Speed after answering a CL ad... But I don't remember seeing anything from him before Top Gear USA. There were plenty of years where I never had a cable, so not terribly surprising, I guess.