Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap into 1990 Chevy Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 swap into 1990 Chevy Truck

Has anyone installed an LS1 in a 1990 Chevy truck???? I was wondering what the pit falls were and how are the motor mounts made ??? I noticed web page (thanks to Mutant) www.LS1truck.com and I still have some electrical questions. How about the wiring, how do you make the truck gauges work with the LS1 wiring harness ??? How about a wiring diagram for the Trans-Am donor car ??? We have everything off the 1999 Trans-Am, fuel pump, computer, wiring harness and the truck is ready for the engine and L60E trans. Also what about the wiring harness on the truck, is it needed for the gauges, anti-lock brakes or what ever ??? Any answers ?????
Old 09-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LS1 swap into 1990 Chevy Truck

you can make the truck guages work just by tapping into the existing wiring. i didn't hook up the existing brake wiring. i just bypassed all that and made the blinkers and brakes work. still need to hook up the reverse lights, that should be simple. i just cut off the ls1 harness bulk connector and connected all of the pink wires to 12 volts thru fuses. you can use the existing PPL, purple wire, for the starter or the one that's on the ls1 harness. i'm opting for removing all of the stock guages and installing autometer gauges. just started that.

email for questions.

good luck

allen(mutant)

Quick Reply: LS1 swap into 1990 Chevy Truck