Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping LS1???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping LS1???

Got a few quick questions. I am doing the swap on my 98 v6 myself. Does anyone know where an accpetable place to bolt the engine hoist up to is on v6 block? Also I installed the 98 ls1 rear in my v6 bolted up fine but on the v6 rear only had one brake hardline leading to it where the ls1 rear looks to need two. I was wondering if it was possible to just install a y or t fitting inline and still have it work properly?
Old 11-18-2002, 12:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Swapping LS1???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Does anyone know where an accpetable place to bolt the engine hoist up to is on v6 block? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Similar locations to the LS1...just find a place on the front and opposite rear cylinder head to put in a bolt.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also I installed the 98 ls1 rear in my v6 bolted up fine but on the v6 rear only had one brake hardline leading to it where the ls1 rear looks to need two. I was wondering if it was possible to just install a y or t fitting inline and still have it work properly? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have very little knowledge of 4th gen brakes but would speculate that two lines may be for anti-lock brakes. If your car only has 1 line then a "Y" should work.