Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

65 Chevelle Swap pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man, that intake is NICE! Are you going to polish all the other accessories? Is the shim under the brake master cylinder for alignment, or just to make it fit without a bracket?wish my engine block was that clean.. im afraid to spray degreaser on it.

pistolpete- your car's awesome. love the subtle two-tone and the colors.. i think I remember you taking that pic right after it was painted, before you got all the trim on?

olly
Old 04-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
man, that intake is NICE! Are you going to polish all the other accessories? Is the shim under the brake master cylinder for alignment, or just to make it fit without a bracket?wish my engine block was that clean.. im afraid to spray degreaser on it.

pistolpete- your car's awesome. love the subtle two-tone and the colors.. i think I remember you taking that pic right after it was painted, before you got all the trim on?

olly
Thanks! I dont care if the intake has heat-soak.. it looks awesome! The shim was to make all fit without a bracked. I wanna polish everything if i could, but i am just takin things one step at a time right now (kinda $$tapped out with the engine build) My engine guy cleaned the engine up.. makes a huge difference!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just polished one thing at a time, when I got sick of sanding and getting compound up my nose I took a break.. I kinda like being tapped out on money once in a while, it lets you focus on the things that you can do for free, mainly detail work or wiring.. I get overexcited when I get new stuff and get in a hurry to bolt it all up and get it installed, and then regret it later when you've gotta go back and do the things you missed.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

I just polished one thing at a time, when I got sick of sanding and getting compound up my nose I took a break.. I kinda like being tapped out on money once in a while, it lets you focus on the things that you can do for free, mainly detail work or wiring.. I get overexcited when I get new stuff and get in a hurry to bolt it all up and get it installed, and then regret it later when you've gotta go back and do the things you missed.
That is a very true statement there! Been doing the excited part here lately
Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 65chevellels1
Hopefully I can get that far within this next week and get some pictures of that up on here. When I originally had the motor in the car all the accessories worked out quite well (im not runnin a/c) waterpump/alternator/powersteering
AC is the one I am worried about because of it hitting the crossmember. I don't have AC on the car right now but it is planned for the future.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

olly
Ya, that was definitely my car. Got the front end and doors all wet sanded and buffed out I just need to do the back half. So there is still some trim missing. Its coming along but I have a feeling the LS1 swap will require most of my attention this summer.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Got the Car runnin this week! about 30 miles on engine so far!!! I LOVE THE MS3 sounds very mean
Old 05-06-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Post video! Congrats!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Ill get a video up next week sometime.. The MS3 and PRC heads brought that engine to life thats for sure!

Quick Reply: 65 Chevelle Swap pictures