Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driftfun Nissan 200sx with 04 GTO engine installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painted my car this weekend

Old 06-28-2007, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

Here is a 20 min long video from a drift meeting we had in april. my car is on 05:00 min.

http://vagner.jeje.je/filmer/tor.mor...icense-day.wmv

right click save as
Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Nice paint !! Really does the car justice, now all you need is a bunch of sponsor stickers and you're ready for D1GP !!

BTW I don't know why all these kids are riding you so hard for the wing and the bodykit... give it up, it looks fine and he's explained a very legit point for the wing...
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Teching In

his point for the wing was not legit
hes a ricer and theres no defending it. Maybe it's a euro thing. If the bad aero and wing werent enough to already prove that take a look at the monster tach and racing stripe, lets not even mention how half assed that paint job is. It takes what, a couple hours to pull the engine to paint the bay?
When I bought my car It came with the same body kit thats on yours, but I did the smart thing, hello trash

and please please please don't tell me your running stock suspension or a strut/spring combo
...could be a cool car, you just need some guidance thats for sure
Old 06-28-2007, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Give the guy a break ****. Atleast he is competing, out there drifting and building a car for a purpose. instead of building a ******* trailer queen or a street car. Ya the body kit sucks ***, but hey thats what he has, so give him a break. Not everybody wants to go with a VS or an Origin kit.
He has some sick action pics, with some good smoke, angle and all that jazz.
And if you think a wing dont help at 80+mph 3rd & 4th gear drifts, your an idiot.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ranger2339
Give the guy a break ****. Atleast he is competing, out there drifting and building a car for a purpose. instead of building a ******* trailer queen or a street car. Ya the body kit sucks ***, but hey thats what he has, so give him a break. Not everybody wants to go with a VS or an Origin kit.
He has some sick action pics, with some good smoke, angle and all that jazz.
And if you think a wing dont help at 80+mph 3rd & 4th gear drifts, your an idiot.

WOW easy hero we were not bashing the kid or his build we just said the body kit was a little over the top thats all calm your horses
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

hey, im 27 years old. I havent got enough hair left to be called a kid .

ive got some fancy pants inverted k-sport coilovers now. but in that video i didnt have them. The car is much more controllable now. ive been to 5 drift meetings and spent 26 rear tires with the cars since that video now. It takes a while for us to edit the movies. I dont care to much a bout painting the engine bay. but if i need to pull the engine for some reason im gonna do it.

I still have to say that this isnt the nicest bodykit for this car, actually im not to thrilled about these Nissans at all. Its just a toy and i take it to the track and drive the **** out of it. but Im happy with how it looks after we painted the bonnet the way we did. If i want to drive a good looking car I take my Camaro 67 for a spin, which also have an LS1 engine.
If i liked the Nissan to much i wouldnt be able to give it hell on the track

Ive got one issue by the way. Heat. after 4-5 turns the engine temp goes up to 105 celsius. and i have to calm down for about one minute.

- is the waterpump good enough?
- ive got one electric fan. im gonna try to install another one.
- i took the thermostat out and removed the center of it so its always in full open. Should i remove the whole thermostat?
- im gonna see if it gets hot if i drive without the bumper next time
- the radiator should be good enough. Works for 450 hp 2 litre engines.
- electric waterpump maybe?
- maybe i should install an expansion tank?
- i guess i need an oil cooler, cant find an oil cooler kit for the gto engine. looked on ebay after a sandwich for the oil filter.
- I plugged the hoses for the small radiator inside the car. should i loop it instead,. ?

would be nice if someone with a bit experience had som suggestions, im just a Ricer that need some help .

Last edited by Hersker Hans; 06-29-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

with drifting there is no head-on airflow for the radiator so sometimes you can get cooling issues like that

try a second fan and DUCT THE **** out of the radiator. leave NO space for air to get around the radiator or escape from the bumper to the rad.

i battled cooling issues for a long time with my RB25, finally got everything sorted out except in the absolute worst conditions (95+ degree air temps)
Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kamin
with drifting there is no head-on airflow for the radiator so sometimes you can get cooling issues like that

try a second fan and DUCT THE **** out of the radiator. leave NO space for air to get around the radiator or escape from the bumper to the rad.

i battled cooling issues for a long time with my RB25, finally got everything sorted out except in the absolute worst conditions (95+ degree air temps)
thanks. ill try another fan and ill make som ducts from aluminum sheets.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kamin
finally got everything sorted out except in the absolute worst conditions (95+ degree air temps)
welcome to florida... at local events almost every car coming off the track is spewing coolant. the bad part is it effects seat time because you have to let the car cool before doing another run.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Hersker Hans
hey, im 27 years old. I havent got enough hair left to be called a kid .

ive got some fancy pants inverted k-sport coilovers now. but in that video i didnt have them. The car is much more controllable now. ive been to 5 drift meetings and spent 26 rear tires with the cars since that video now. It takes a while for us to edit the movies. I dont care to much a bout painting the engine bay. but if i need to pull the engine for some reason im gonna do it.

I still have to say that this isnt the nicest bodykit for this car, actually im not to thrilled about these Nissans at all. Its just a toy and i take it to the track and drive the **** out of it. but Im happy with how it looks after we painted the bonnet the way we did. If i want to drive a good looking car I take my Camaro 67 for a spin, which also have an LS1 engine.
If i liked the Nissan to much i wouldnt be able to give it hell on the track

Ive got one issue by the way. Heat. after 4-5 turns the engine temp goes up to 105 celsius. and i have to calm down for about one minute.

- is the waterpump good enough?
- ive got one electric fan. im gonna try to install another one.
- i took the thermostat out and removed the center of it so its always in full open. Should i remove the whole thermostat?
- im gonna see if it gets hot if i drive without the bumper next time
- the radiator should be good enough. Works for 450 hp 2 litre engines.
- electric waterpump maybe?
- maybe i should install an expansion tank?
- i guess i need an oil cooler, cant find an oil cooler kit for the gto engine. looked on ebay after a sandwich for the oil filter.
- I plugged the hoses for the small radiator inside the car. should i loop it instead,. ?

would be nice if someone with a bit experience had som suggestions, im just a Ricer that need some help .
Put the thermostat in it and it should solve the problem.

Andrew
Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DOHCsky
welcome to florida... at local events almost every car coming off the track is spewing coolant. the bad part is it effects seat time because you have to let the car cool before doing another run.
yea im in arizona, its worse here because the air is DRY and its hotter haha.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Sweet!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Cool !!

Tøft prosjekt det der Hans , kjekt og se flere norske her inne.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rubberduck
Tøft prosjekt det der Hans , kjekt og se flere norske her inne.
takk

My thread has been dead for a while, but my car is still working great, I havent kept exact count, but ive been to numerous drift meetings and probably used close to 200 rear tires.

The car is working great, ive used to clutches, the stock one of course and a centerforce clutch which was crap, now im using a Spec 3 clutch. works great. Used it alot, doesnt spin even when i clutch kick in 4th gear

my powersteering has never been working properly, so im trying to figure that out. my 2004 gto pumps blows the orings in the rack and pinion.

Ive installed an STS rear turbo kit with the Turbo in the trunk, havent tried it on the track yet though.

Last edited by Hersker Hans; 12-26-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

What do you guys think of my rear turbo STS trunk installation.

removed the inlet and made a hole in the firewall for the inlet, the inlet is going between the seat and past the gear changer. The turbo is mounted between the rear shock towers

inlet installed

turbo installed behind the seats

the turbo installation

the intercooler is gonna get air ducted in from each side
im running 0.4bar so it wont need to much intercooling
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Sweeet. Lots of ways to build stuff.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 225jeff
Sweeet. Lots of ways to build stuff.
yeah its gonna be fun to test it out.

pros:

-short intake
-ease to install and uninstall the turbo,
-more space in engine bay
-better wheight distribution

cons

- electric return oil pump
- fairly long exhaust
- exhaust leaks before turbo will give power loss
- less efficient airstream thru intercooler.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kansaschity
his point for the wing was not legit
hes a ricer and theres no defending it. Maybe it's a euro thing. If the bad aero and wing werent enough to already prove that take a look at the monster tach and racing stripe, lets not even mention how half assed that paint job is. It takes what, a couple hours to pull the engine to paint the bay?
When I bought my car It came with the same body kit thats on yours, but I did the smart thing, hello trash

and please please please don't tell me your running stock suspension or a strut/spring combo
...could be a cool car, you just need some guidance thats for sure
Are you seriously calling someone with a ******* turbo LS1 in an import a RICER... because he has a body kit, didn't paint his engine bay, and has a large viewable tach.. in a drift car? Is your head always this far up your ***, or are you going for a new record?

OMG not a functional wing on a 500+ hp, 2500 lb car!!!

to OP and friend, nice cars.. looks like alot of fun.

Last edited by Daez; 03-06-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Driftfun Nissan 200sx with 04 GTO engine installed (pics)