Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pressure not adjusting...???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pressure not adjusting...???

Good morning gentlemen. I have a slight problem with my new fuel system which leads me to a few questions. (LS1 Swapped into a 63 nova)

1) Why wont my fuel pressure adjust?
2) I have a boost referenced FPR and no turbo/sc. Do I need to plug this into vacuum?

Here is my setup. Aeromotive intank pump, 1/2" feed and return hard lines, braided lines to and from Nasty Fuel Rails. I run the fuel feed line to the drivers side rail first, it crosses over to the passenger side rail, exits passenger side, goes to the regulator, and then returns to the tank.

Right now the needle on my FP gauge (mounted on the reg.) is right at about 50# and I cannot adjust any higher. The car runs and drives alright, no hesitation, stumbling etc, but it is definitely not right if the pressure cannot adjust.

Thoughts, anything to check, etc? Thank you for your help.

-Jamin
Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What brand and p/n reguator do you have? It sounds like you may have a bad regulator or just the wrong type.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a performance products regulator for an EFI application. I dont have the part number off hand but I can get it. I will reply tonight with the part number.

Jamin

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure not adjusting...???