Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger on my S13/LS1?? Would it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger on my S13/LS1?? Would it fit?

EDIT: Im looking at maybe doing a P-1SC,NOVI etc. (now going with a Paxton NOVI 2000) set up on my S13. I have the vette acc, so I will use the headunit,brackets from the C5 set up, would have to make custom IC pipes etc.

My question is, does anybody know if it would fit?? I would prob. have to relocate the rad to a V-Mount set up though and do some cutting to the rad support.

Pic of my engine bay.

C5 NOVI 2000, unit I will be using.

Not allot of room, but might beable to make it work. I will be getting a mock unit from Paxton for $300 and the brackets from ECS ($795) http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/SC600.html

If it doesnt fit, ECS said I can return the brackets. So I will only be out the $300 to get the mock up unit.

Thanks
Josh

Last edited by ranger2339; 02-11-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 234 Likes on 164 Posts

i am putting a d1sc with the vette acces dr (8 rib conversion) in my 69 a body-i have the engine on a stand now, and if you need i can slap the blower on and give you some meas. if needed-i had it mocked up in the car before, and will need to make a tight turn for the air intake, but i think i can clear the radiator ok, which i am going to duct to the outside as in past procharger projects-i have an intercooler in front, waiting to get the engine back in to finish the piping-gonna run a carb to start-i think the camero setup uses a real tight intake pipe to the s.c, might be able to use that
i will prob just use some 4" bends and cut them to make a tight bend
Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you see what EPP did with the procharger installation on the RX7, using a GTO model? It's several posts down.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by forcd ind
i am putting a d1sc with the vette acces dr (8 rib conversion) in my 69 a body-i have the engine on a stand now, and if you need i can slap the blower on and give you some meas. if needed-i had it mocked up in the car before, and will need to make a tight turn for the air intake, but i think i can clear the radiator ok, which i am going to duct to the outside as in past procharger projects-i have an intercooler in front, waiting to get the engine back in to finish the piping-gonna run a carb to start-i think the camero setup uses a real tight intake pipe to the s.c, might be able to use that
i will prob just use some 4" bends and cut them to make a tight bend
Thanks. Ya as soon as you get some pics that would be great, would love to see em. I would just buy a Magnacharger, but there not cheap. im hoping to get a used P-1SC and the brackets etc. For a cheaper solution. I just need a used headunit,brackets etc.

Originally Posted by philntx
Did you see what EPP did with the procharger installation on the RX7, using a GTO model? It's several posts down.
Yes I saw that, looks bad ***. Thats accually what got me thinking.

Josh
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

are you going to be running wheel tubs ? I taking a wild guess because you cut out the stock inners gotta get the space for big wheels and good angle! Nice looking motor btw, keep up the nice work!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Yes we will be tubing it, for the gnarly angle and the neg. offset works I wll be running. I also will be ordering a new Paxton NOVI 2000, with all the brackets and **** I need to get the supercharger mounted, Im going for it anyway. what the hell huh. I guess I will be the first.

Josh

Last edited by ranger2339; 02-11-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Procharger on my S13/LS1?? Would it fit?