Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator / waterpump only setup / belt number

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alternator / waterpump only setup / belt number

I just got done isntalling mine. I used a 53" 6 rib belt. I cant remember which member this car belongs to but it was the picture i went off of when i set mine up. Stock fbody alternator in factory location. Stock tensioner attached to waterpump in factory location as well. The belt number is 5060530 and i got it from advanced auto. I forget how much it was i think it was only like $10.

I used a 53" belt and i barely got it on with the tensioner extended but once everything seated the tensioner is about halfway compressed so you could probably get away with a 52.5" belt if you wanted more tension. The water pump i can turn with my hand if i try hard enough but that could be because it's a new belt, engine hasnt run to warm it up or anything and there is surface rust on the water pump pulley. I think it will be just fine though once the engine runs for a little while.

I also used a factory LT1 radiator and cooling fans which fit in there perfect and i just self tapped the top flange of the radiator in 3 places at the top, drilled a hole for the coolant drain on the passenger side so the radiator would sit level, and made two 90* brackets for the bottom that i self tapped to the bottom flange and the radiator support. It's solid. I also threw a self tapper in the radiator fans to the top of the radiator flange too for extra safety. Factory LS1 radiator hoses fit perfect too. Top one was exact, bottom one i had two trim about 2.5" off and it fit perfect. Heater core lines fit exact as well 5/8" and 3/4".

First pic is a member here, second pic is mine before i put the belt on. I used ATS plates and a Moroso 67-69 swap pan.
Attached Thumbnails Alternator / waterpump only setup / belt number-enginein.jpg  
Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you have any problems with the belt slipping on the water pump pulley like this
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it come off twice at first but never agian. Not sure why it came off, maybe from the tensioner sitting for a couple years or the belt wearing into the setup but didnt have it happen agian. If the slipping off was going to be a problem i was just going to run a Katech solid tensioner but it never was.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is another way of doing the same thing. Gives you a little more wrap on the WP

Old 08-02-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry 4 the hijack but I'm running a bmr bracket with a ud pulley and the stock water pump anyone know how can I measure it?

Quick Reply: Alternator / waterpump only setup / belt number