Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st LS wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1st LS wiring question

Starting my first LS project and disassembling the engine/trans and wiring from my donor truck. I am following this guide and wondering if there are any other essential wires I should keep since I have the whole truck to my disposal. I know most people just delete vats but would it be worth keeping the BCM module and any of the wiring running from the ecu through the firewall and under the dash? The truck is drive by cable so no pedal is needed. I just want to make sure I am not wasting time by trying to remove all of this wiring or if this will guide will take care of all of my needs. TIA

Old 02-17-2019, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 183 Likes on 145 Posts

I'd retain the 2-3 different air conditioning wires, MIL light wire, speedometer, tachometer, Fan 1, Fan 2, oil pressure, Brake / TCC wire and finally, engine coolant temperature.

Depending on what you are dropping the engine into, I'm not sure the Body Control Module will be of much use. I did not watch the video so maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: There are maybe two wires for cruise control that you might consider keeping, if your vehicle will be so equipped.

Rick
Old 02-23-2019, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the complete donor truck you could also use the BCM for functions like “tow haul” or automatic lighting.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

take the obd2 port also.