Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 Camaro ls conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 Camaro ls conversion

Has anyone used a stock lq4 oil pan in this conversion? The car has 2 inch back plates. What about stk manifolds any ones work? Wes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Launching!

The pan will fit, but will hang very low, like a couple of inch's belown the frame, don't think you will be happy with that. I mocked one up in an old subframe before my swap. It was tight up front, like a quarter inch, maybe even 3/16's at the front corners of the pan. So they do fit, but most people use an f body pan or have to modify the lq pan, some people even have to modify the f body pan to get it to work depending on what mounting plates you use. Good Luck!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My stock ls1 manifolds hit my steering box with ATS mounts. I think with 2" set backs you would clear them fine though. The truck pan as mentioned does stick below the k member and i wouldnt reccomend it. I'm running a moroso setup with a remote mount filter, 7qt capicity but by the time you're done the setup is about $500. Another pan option is the one from t56kit.com. It's a beautiful pan. Or you could use the LH8 oil pan or a modified Fbody pan. (you might not have to modify the fbody pan since you have 2" set backs). Are you sure they are 2" setbacks? The head would be like touching the firewall i would think.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Shawn... you got me. The plates are 1 inch back and it is at the firewall,I can still remove the head. But the pan is off a f-body and looks like it will work?,Is that possible? Wes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a very good thread here with the dimensions and pictures of oil pans. Usually you have no notch the corner of the fbody pan and sump to get to to clear the sway bar.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-oil-pans.html

Here's a few pics i saved of a modified pan, I'm not sure what mounts though.
Attached Thumbnails 1967 Camaro ls conversion-oilpan.jpg   1967 Camaro ls conversion-oilpan1.jpg   1967 Camaro ls conversion-oilpan2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1967 Camaro ls conversion