Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help--Wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help--Wont start

I've got a 2001 ls1 and 6 speed in my 70 camaro. I am trying to get it started for the first time with no success. I have went in with Hp tuner and turned off VATS. I am getting help from the guy that sold me the Hp tuner but we are running out of things to check. I have power and ground to the PCM. I have power to the injectors and coils. I have good fuel pressure but the injectors aren't getting their ground signal from the PCM. If any body has any suggestions of what else to check I would sure appreciate the help.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you getting any codes from the PCM if you use the scanner to check it? What about scanning the Crank and cam position sensors as you crank it, make sure that they are putting out a signal.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Teching In

I am not getting any codes. I was getting a fuel tank pressure code and a code for egr but those have since been turned off. I brought up the gauges with the scanner and when i crank the engine i am not getting any data, RPM, INJ % or anything. I dont know if i am doing something wrong or if ther is a problem.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM

Some times you will loose comunication due to cranking voltage issues and is normal, sounds like you have a security issue still. Are you sure the VATS is removed? It is a very simple system to by-pass.