Sponsored by:

Interior wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior wiring

Hi,
I want to rewire the inside of the car with the wiring from a 1999 Camaro, which matches the drive train I'm putting in. Is it possible to use the dash/interior wiring ect. from Manual Transmission car, if the car has an Auto Transmission in it. What is different with the interior wiring of an Auto vs. a Manual trans car.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Possible yes, easy plug and play no. The stick and auto harnesses are different. Auto will have wiring for a neutral safety switch, and TCC brake interrupt switch. Where the manual will not, but it will have wiring for the clutch pedal position switch. The bottom line is it could be done, but you would be time and frustration ahead to just get the correct harness.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Body
Possible yes, easy plug and play no. The stick and auto harnesses are different. Auto will have wiring for a neutral safety switch, and TCC brake interrupt switch. Where the manual will not, but it will have wiring for the clutch pedal position switch. The bottom line is it could be done, but you would be time and frustration ahead to just get the correct harness.
no its not i used a manual interior harness in my 94 camaro came out of a 99 easy only thing i had to work on was the reverse lights and the tcc brake switch nothing to it....

Quick Reply: Interior wiring