Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LY6 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LY6 Transmission

I have an LY6 6.0L from a 2008 2500HD that I plan on installing in a 1979 Toyota LandCruiser. The LY6 had a 6l90 trans that will not adapt to a Toyota transfer case (length is also an issue due to the short wheelbase of the Land Cruiser). The only adapters are for a 4l60-65-70. I can go Toyota manual, but would really like the overdrive of the automatic trans. A friend of mine owns a local salvage yard and we have been searching for a low mileage 4l70e for a month with no luck. I believe that the ECU for the LY6 is looking for a front input speed sensor which I understand is only available in the 4l70e. Is there a way to use the 4l65e and control it from the ly6 ECU? If so, what year and model donor trucks should I be looking for to get the 4l65e? The engine will remain stock and the trans output shaft is switched in the conversion so the stronger output of the 4l70e doesn't really matter to me. Truck is disassembled and ready to have the powertrain fitted, so I am itching to go. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: LY6 Transmission