Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TV cable install on LS1 info wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TV cable install on LS1 info wanted

I have seen it before wonder if anyone has done this and if they could supply a pic and a little info thanks

want to avoid spending the bucks on the BTO setup. There are more simple solutions. Just dont want to fry my trans

I am using this trans because I already have it, basically not used and spent a fortune on it from Art carr CPT with the 10"converter a while back

Thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

I made my own setup using the geometry I believe from BTO's website actually. It was very trial and error to get the right angle and amount of pull and after about 4 tries we got it right. Here are some pics:

Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

pretty basic however I question their spring? it must be shorter or longer also the anlge you have coming out of the cable is right about max angle from what I have known gotta recheck though been a while since I set one up.

Thanks for the pics
Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

How much to make one for me?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Gto- I am confused by what you mean by their spring? I designed that entire setup myself. I wasn't really happy with the angle coming out either but with the design constraints I had that was the optimal way. Its been working great for over 10k miles now.

KC Henry- Unfortunately the setup is more custom than anything with each application being a bit different I would think. The holes in the throttle body cam have no room for error. Not to mention this took me at least 4 tries and I have no saved "template" so to speak. It really wasn't that bad if you use the geometry picture from bowtie overdrives its just trial and error. Sorry I probably should look into mass producing them since your not the first that has asked.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pist0lpete
KC Henry- Unfortunately the setup is more custom than anything with each application being a bit different I would think. The holes in the throttle body cam have no room for error. Not to mention this took me at least 4 tries and I have no saved "template" so to speak. It really wasn't that bad if you use the geometry picture from bowtie overdrives its just trial and error. Sorry I probably should look into mass producing them since your not the first that has asked.
I hear ya, I would need mine for use with a 98 LS1 mated up to a TH350. If you decide to start making them, hit me up.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

BTO always makes their TV brackets with a cam slide versus a fixed mount also they have a different spring that goes into the valve body in the TV valve. They stress it must be changed or due to the setup the trans can be damaged.

I also have a 4l60E that came with the engine but thought I would use the built up 2004r I have never used. That way I did not have to break down and spend more money on a Yank converter

Trending Topics

Old 08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

What's the p/n for the TV cable you used?
Old 08-23-2016, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pist0lpete
I made my own setup using the geometry I believe from BTO's website actually. It was very trial and error to get the right angle and amount of pull and after about 4 tries we got it right. Here are some pics:

That's awesome! Do you still have the template? What TV cable did you use?

Quick Reply: TV cable install on LS1 info wanted