Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kwik performance A/C bracket....feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

You've got several options. There is actually a pinout for electric fans on all the truck computers I've seen, even if the truck came without an electric.
There is a pinout for AC recirculation door that others have used for an additional fan.
On my aftermarket Vintage Air, I used a trinary switch to trigger the fan in addition to the computer fan pinout. You'll need relays to trigger all of these.
Originally Posted by fptransport
this is not bracket related but since you guys already done the a/c and with appologies for ... I just bought the kiwkper. bracket and have dual elec. fans with the low and high wired, I am trying to do the a/c now, but do I have to add another relay for a fan to come on when the a/c is on? if so where do you get the trigger signal from? because it has to come on and off right? or do I just install and leave the low and high as they are now
alll this is going on in a 84 chevy pu with a trucks 5.3
thanks in advaced and sorry about the
Old 04-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickykline
Will the Gto alternator would in the Kwik bracket? Planning on buying both their brackets this week
Yes, it mounts the same as the Camaro or truck alternator.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Will the Gto alternator would in the Kwik bracket? Planning on buying both their brackets this week
Look at my signature link, I have a 06 GTO ALT on a kwik performance alt bracket.....

Last edited by bozzhawg; 04-24-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Bad *** I'll be buying both there mounts this week. You guys running Gto crank pulleys too? My ls2 has a Udp on it hate to have to buy a stock one. Ewwwww lol
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bad *** I'll be buying both there mounts this week. You guys running Gto crank pulleys too? My ls2 has a Udp on it hate to have to buy a stock one. Ewwwww lol

Yes it has a UDP but I bought it that way.... We tried to put the motor in with the GTO-Fbody locations but it just did not fit... So I got the Kwik bracket to move ALT to the top.... When I get the air system I will use the kwik for the a/c bracket as well....
Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

I used it on a 67 RS( when it was $160.00) looks good, needs a polish for a show car and maybe a vanity cover on top.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got mine running in a 67 RSSS with an LS1, and it looks hokey but it works alright. The bolt lengths are way off, so it looks like what it is, a functional, but not very showy fix. Had to shim the compressor a little as the front plate wanted to tighten with a hook to it.

Quick Reply: kwik performance A/C bracket....feedback