Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 DBW with a TV cable - Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS3 DBW with a TV cable - Possible?

Hello everyone-first thank you to everyone for all your posts of valuable information. You have inspired me to start down the road of installing an LS3 crate motor into my 1964 Chevelle. I have been reading the hundreds of post with information throughout the site to help me layout my shopping list and "what not to do" items for the swap. Unfortunately, I do not have an unlimited budget so I felt putting the $$$ into the engine meant postponing a trans swap. For now, I plan to stick with the modified 2004r trans that is only a year only.

The problem that I hope someone has the answer to is: Is there a way to retain the Drive-by-wire throttle and still have a TV cable? I have searched through all the post and have not found anyone that has done this (sorry if I missed one). Nor have I found a throttle body that does both. I know this is a little strange but doing a trans swap right now would break the bank (and make the wife mad).

Thank you for your help! You guys are the best!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

just make a bracket that goes to your gas peddle and have the tv cable comin off that
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Teching In

yes, i thought about that but the pictures I have seen of the electronic pedals, it would be pretty had to set this up. You would have to have the TV cable come inside under the dash. That would mean finding a very long cable. Also, with AC in the car, there is not a lot of room.

Thanks for the idea. Any other ideas?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Manual valve body.

Quick Reply: LS3 DBW with a TV cable - Possible?