Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission won't shift. wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission won't shift. wiring?

I just about have everything finished up with my 88rx7/00ls1/4l60e swap. I did all the wiring harness mods. The motor starts and runs fine, but the trans will not **** out of park. The fluid is full and the shifter/cable moves the arm on the side of the trans propperly. Did I miss something with the trans wiring to make it not shift?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

no ideas?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is not a wiring problem, sounds like an internal trans problem. The trans will run and drive no mater what wiring is hooked up, it will just be stuck in 3rd gear unless you manually select 1 or 2. I would try running it and checking the fluid again, sounds like it could have a lot of air in the trans and just not enough fluid to make the trans drive.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G-Body
That is not a wiring problem, sounds like an internal trans problem. The trans will run and drive no mater what wiring is hooked up, it will just be stuck in 3rd gear unless you manually select 1 or 2. I would try running it and checking the fluid again, sounds like it could have a lot of air in the trans and just not enough fluid to make the trans drive.
You might be right about air in the system. The cooler and lines are new, and the motor only ran for a couple minutes, open headers are not nieghbor friendly.

Quick Reply: transmission won't shift. wiring?