Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non-setback mounts in Nova = FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonsnova
curious myself...i already have the car shop 1" set backs ....just waiting on engine parts then off to the machine shop...so i'll probally be ready next month some time
Please keep me updated, I really need to follow what you are doing since you will be diving in a few months ahead of me. What headers are you considering?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crosstraining
hookemdevils, What are using then? I was thinking of using that template or buying the setback ones?
I used the S&P style template. Here's a pic of a mock-up using them, although the engine is slightly forward from where it sits now. The combination of mount plates and the nova's mount pads allowed me to move the engine back about 1/2" more due to the oversize holes and 1971 build quality (i.e., excessive tolerances!). I actually bent my lower heater hose nipple during installation because I didn't realize it was so close. So no heater for me.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
I actually bent my lower heater hose nipple during installation because I didn't realize it was so close. So no heater for me.
Why not run a big block heater set-up? Mine does not have the heater hooked up now, but plan on changing that. Once the lq4 goes in, I want to drive it, and lots!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billsnogo
Will the lq4 and truck coils fit with a stock power booster and the 1" setback plates? Need input.....

not sure as I have never had a power booster on this car but here is a picture that might help you judge if it will be in the way or not

Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by billsnogo
Why not run a big block heater set-up? Mine does not have the heater hooked up now, but plan on changing that. Once the lq4 goes in, I want to drive it, and lots!
Didn't even think of that. It actually looks like it's fairly easy to get to, so I may be doing that soon. Not that i will be needing it for another 9 months or so...

and i'm running the stock disc brake booster/mc. it fits w/ the truck coils, although the rear bolt is a little tough to get to. it looks like there's plenty of room if i took the engine further back.

Last edited by hookemdevils22; 02-25-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
and i'm running the stock disc brake booster/mc. it fits w/ the truck coils, although the rear bolt is a little tough to get to. it looks like there's plenty of room if i took the engine further back.
Sweet, that is what I was hoping, not willing to give up power brakes

Last edited by billsnogo; 02-25-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: non-setback mounts in Nova = FAIL