Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4--ls2 clone...gen3 into gen4

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4--ls2 clone...gen3 into gen4

I am smallblock carb guy coming over to try the LS engines with fuel injection. I have an "03 lq4 that will be built as a ls2 clone.I currently have an ls2 rotating assembly, both crank reluctors (58? and 24) '06 ls2 intake with injectors, '05 243 heads and stock cam, and an '07 ls2 corvette oil pan. Through different circumstances and ebay, I ended up with these parts and would like to make it into a ls2 clone. I want to get it to a gen 4 so I can use GMPP engine controller (gmpp controller only works for gen4) so this is what I am thinking so far to change the iron lq4 block to gen4...58x crank reluctor, I'll buy a front timing cover, cam gear for the front mount cam sensor, map sensor should be o.k. since manifold is an '06 ls2, I am aware of the complications of the truck accessory drive and water pump issues, I believe I have that under control. Will the '07 ls2 'vette oil pan bolt up and match the oil ports? I read somewhere that the gen4 has a different alternator and this has to be upgraded to gen4 also for GMPP controller to work. Please respond with any thoughts or problems that you see. This will be installed in an offroad only 4x4 "jeep/buggy" with a turbo 350 tranny
Old 12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2..gen4 alternator

Anyone? ........my main concern is the alternator. Are the gen4 ls2 alternators different than gen3? what alternetor will work with an ls2 and GMPP controller?

Quick Reply: lq4--ls2 clone...gen3 into gen4