Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil level sender?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil level sender?

i am putting a 5.3 into my 62 impala wagon and I need a new oil pan the research i have done so far is i need pan #12628771 as well with that ineed the pick up,tube,stick etc.
i found a G.M part # 19212593 kit and i have been told by gofastwclass onthis foroum that the oil pan in this kit does not have a provision for the oil level sender on the pan.My question, is this a problem to either not use it will it set a code?When i modify my harness do i even use it.The pan kit is a heck of a lot cheaper then piecing it together.
Any comments help!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not needed. I don't have the oil level sensor hooked up on my 5.3L
Old 01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just leave it off and tune it out.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys,i kind of thought it was'nt a big deal but was'nt sure if you could tune it out or not,Thanks.Any body use that kit before any issues,i heard they are similar dimensions to the f-body not sure how similar they are though??
Old 01-21-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Micah Johnstone
i am putting a 5.3 into my 62 impala wagon and I need a new oil pan the research i have done so far is i need pan #12628771 as well with that ineed the pick up,tube,stick etc.
i found a G.M part # 19212593 kit and i have been told by gofastwclass onthis foroum that the oil pan in this kit does not have a provision for the oil level sender on the pan.My question, is this a problem to either not use it will it set a code?When i modify my harness do i even use it.The pan kit is a heck of a lot cheaper then piecing it together.
Any comments help!
Sorry, I may have not explained fully in my other post...

The oil level and oil pressure senders only run a light on the dash and isn't connected to the PCM so no programming is necessary and it won't set a code if removed. I've used the same kit for months without issue and only get the SES light before I start the car like normal.

The price I paid was $150 + tax through my local GMPP dealer.

If you don't have a GMPP dealer locally I've been told the guys at Skoggin Dickey are good to deal with and they are sponsors of the board.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't use it on my swap. Used a Metric Oil plug with the correct thread size and used it to plug the hole.

Quick Reply: Oil level sender?