Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car will not start.........SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car will not start.........SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I do not post much but surf here often.

I have shoehorned a 2003 5.3 into a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Coupe.

The engine will turns over but will not pulse the injectors or fire the coils. Have power to the injectors and coils on the pink wire. Fuel pump will not run.

Used the original wiring harness but not the underhood fuse block. The main wiring harness is a painless system and the original GM engine harness was intergrated into it. The computer was sent to wait4meperformance to be reprogramed and vats removed.

Hooked up my snapon scanner no communication. Used pin 58 DK Green Class 2 Serial Data for the ALDA connector.

Here are the wires that have not been hooked up. This is from GM service manual

BLUE CONNECTOR ON COMPUTER:

orn/blk pin 13 Requested torque signal
pnk/white pin 38 Damping lift/ dive signal
yel/blk pin 39 started enable relay control
yel pin 59 class 2 serial data
gry pin 46 5 volt reference (EVA)
blk pin 23 low reference

GREEN CONNECTOR ON COMPUTER

white pin 10 engine speed signal
yel/blk pin 49 VSS
tan/blk pin 5 delivered torque

Any help is appreciated, good or bad. Hate to rip out the 5.3 and put in a 350.

Last edited by 47chevy; 02-05-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default fuel help

i hope this helps. when you turn to key on the ignition, the fuel pump should pressurize. you should be able to hear it for 1-2 seconds, then it will shut off. if the engine is turning over, id check the crank and cam sensors to ensure they r pluged in. also the fuel must get to the injectors to run. this may be a timing issue. also, is the fuel pump relay wired properly? call painless and maybe they can help you trouble shoot. 30 w/ fuse to power. 87 to relay. 85 to ground or harness. 86 to ground or harness. 86 and 85 may need to be switched for your appl. use your ohm tester for proper hook up for 85 and 86. coils may be crossed also. ensure everything is connected properly. post the outcome.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It turns out there were 2 different issues.

1. The main wiring harness- the hot wire I used was not hot, it went to a single treminal (ACC) in the fuse box. The harness is not a Painless Wiring brand but the box it came out of was. It came from ebay a couple of years ago. Got short changed on that purchase

Once I got that problem fixed the fuel pump runs, the injectors have signal and I have spark. Still will not run.

2. No fuel pressure at the rail. No fuel at the rail or at the hose attachments at the tank. Drop the tank, pump will run but will not pump fuel. Installed a new pump. Another ebay purchase, could of been my fault as it has set for some time.

The engine turned over about 10 times and it started. Sounds good but no exhaust system yet.

Quick Reply: Car will not start.........SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!