Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW engine with NON DBW Harness..Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a DBW wire harness setup that I would be willing to trade for a complete cable tb harness from a car or truck. Could also toss in the DBW truck intake since I'm swapping it for a cable manifold I bought. PM if interested.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Rad420
The only thing I could verify was that it had an alum. block. But, before buying I will make sure that it has the correct 799 or 243 heads.
I know you,(and probably everyone else) is getting tired of me jumping in here, because I am certainly no expert on this. I got a couple more things and then I'll shut up. The fact that it has #799 or #243 heads and an aluminum block does not make it an L33. That is what we thought. But at the same time, if it is an LH6, which is an aluminum block (GEN lV) with #799 heads, that is not a bad thing either. The only things I was trying to point out is, in order to change it and use the earlier PCM and cable TB like **gjohnson** suggested in his first post, the engine HAS to be a 24X reluctor engine. Whoever you get to look at it can easily tell by doing what myself and several others suggested. LOOK AT THE CRANK SENSOR, (just behind the starter and above it enough that it can be seen), and verify it is BLACK. The vin # of the vehicle it came out of should also do it. OK, I'm done. Ron
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone thanks alot for the help but I found a deal on an 03' 5.3L I couldnt pass up.

Quick Reply: DBW engine with NON DBW Harness..Possible?