Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 ECM harness help needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS2 ECM harness help needed

How do get a A/C request with a LS2 ECM stand alone harness when it's in the serial data line? Am I wasting my time trying to get the ECM to control my A/C? I did it easily with my previous LS1 ECM harness.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KENS80V
How do get a A/C request with a LS2 ECM stand alone harness when it's in the serial data line? Am I wasting my time trying to get the ECM to control my A/C? I did it easily with my previous LS1 ECM harness.
Just direct connect to the A/C comp. Yes you are probably wasting your time trying to do this through the ECM.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what ECM you have e.g. GTO or Vette. I know the GTO system needs the Body Control Module (BCM) as an interface for the AC input signals and the "communication protocol" needs to be set-up between the BCM and ECM. I can be done. Talk to John @ Speartech.com.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kaptainkw
Depends on what ECM you have e.g. GTO or Vette. I know the GTO system needs the Body Control Module (BCM) as an interface for the AC input signals and the "communication protocol" needs to be set-up between the BCM and ECM. I can be done. Talk to John @ Speartech.com.
It's a E38 ECM wired up as a 2006 Corvette. Looking at the schematics I would need a Vehcle interface module, BCM and a HVAC module?