Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convert Lt1 to 12200411

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert Lt1 to 12200411

I plan to change my LT1 to a 1220041 ECM. I will use an OBDII timing cover etc etc....

OK my question is I wondered if I could use the ECM connectors from a v6 4.3 VORTEC Motor Harness from an S10?

I want to use the connectors to mate to a 12200411 and hope the ECM connectors are the same. The reason is the S10 harnesses are a dime a dozen and all over the junkyard and I want to use it to repin my LT1 harness to the 12200411

I have a rearmount Turbo and I am building a 4L80E that will be mated to a 3200 Yank to hold the MPT76

I have heard the base tune to use is a 01+ Express Van. I expect to modify an LT1 intake to accept the Vortec distributer which will provide the needed pulses along with the signal from the timing cover..

Thanks for any help
Jack
Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Contact Mike at EFIconnection

He started the LSx PCM on TPI/LTx and knows the most about it. Hes the only one I know of that does the conversion on LTx engines

First, the S10 connectors will work if they are the two large units like the LS1 cars had. The majority of S10s in the yard are the older vortec 4 plug PCMs which are not compatible. FWD 3.8V cars are much more common and have the correct connectors. Most are clear/blue which wont fit the 0411 PCM, but if you shave the tab off the clear connectors, they'll slide right in

01 Express van tune is for TPI swaps because they still used the old CPI vortec 350s. Most of the van stuff swaps over to the TPI and the new (almost) LSx harness controls it like it was a van. LTx engines have a completely different control system, so Im not sure what so of base tune you'd begin with

You can wire the LT1 like a TPI by cutting a hole in the intake to mount a vortec distributor and use the OBDII timing cover for a crank signal. Then you would use the van tune because its essentially back to being a SBC instead of a GEN II
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket
Contact Mike at EFIconnection

He started the LSx PCM on TPI/LTx and knows the most about it. Hes the only one I know of that does the conversion on LTx engines

First, the S10 connectors will work if they are the two large units like the LS1 cars had. The majority of S10s in the yard are the older vortec 4 plug PCMs which are not compatible. FWD 3.8V cars are much more common and have the correct connectors. Most are clear/blue which wont fit the 0411 PCM, but if you shave the tab off the clear connectors, they'll slide right in

01 Express van tune is for TPI swaps because they still used the old CPI vortec 350s. Most of the van stuff swaps over to the TPI and the new (almost) LSx harness controls it like it was a van. LTx engines have a completely different control system, so Im not sure what so of base tune you'd begin with

You can wire the LT1 like a TPI by cutting a hole in the intake to mount a vortec distributor and use the OBDII timing cover for a crank signal. Then you would use the van tune because its essentially back to being a SBC instead of a GEN II
Yes the connectors are the lare connectors...I had heard ue the Express Van becuse it already had a 4L80E. I am considering modifying the itake but the more I look into it seems like the conversion is a good deal...

The primary reason for the conversion is controlling a 4L80E.

Quick Reply: Convert Lt1 to 12200411