Sponsored by:

Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1976CamaroGuy
Hi Mike,

There's not much R & D in laying the stock alternator bracket onto a piece of paper and tracing out a template, transfer it to a piece of aluminum, then cut it out with a jigsaw, sand the edges and then bolt it on. Anyone with a few simple tools and some imagination can make one.

From what I can tell the only R & D that has been done is feedback from people having problems with the part...theres a thread floating around where a 2nd gen camaro owner had problems with the alternator hitting the control arms using this bracket.

You guys can get pissy with me all you want, it's my opinion and I have a right to voice it. The OP was looking for a cheaper solution to kwik performance brackets and this wasn't actually a cheaper alternative. I stand by my opinion that $150 is a lot to pay for a 6" x 8" piece of aluminum cut on a cnc machine.

Good thing I got my lower alternator problem figured out, I saved myself some $$$. Switched out my set-back mounts with regular mounts and my f-body alternator clears the pitman arm now....problem solved.
Before you come on here and accuse me and others like me of taking advanage of folks and selling a negative product please get your facts straight and know what the hell your talking about first. Here is that negative thread you said is floating around you resurrected it yesterday.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...en-camaro.html

Now go read the post again. The guy was from chilli he bought the bracket on ebay. He claims it did not fit. I ask him to show pictures to determine the problem so I could help or become informed that these brackets really want work on a second gen f-body so that I would not make the mistake again and others would not have this problem with my product. He failed to do that so I still don't know if they will or not. What really happen was he got his head out of *** like you must have last night and finally figured out with the correct engine placement he didn't even need the bracket he had already bought. I offered him his money back minus the 30$ ebay & shipping fee that is in the price of the bracket and he said he would return it but I haven't heard from him sense.

As for how easy it is to make a bracket that will work and look as good put your money were you mouth is. There have been many cry babies come on here and run there mouth about how people are stealing from them with these high price swap parts. Like you they don't have a clue what it takes to build sale and make a profit on a product. What you guys fail to unterstand is how much up front capital investment is required in order to produce a bracket like mine so that they can be sold for 24$ with a profit included. The bottom line is the alt bracket swap market isn't big enough to justify the investment or else one of the sponsors or other sema pro guys in this business would have aleady stolen or copied my design and you would be buying them cheap already. Hell if you order about 500 of them I might can get that price down to 12$. I'm sorry but in the 2 years I have been doing this hobby there have only been a hand full of need. All you guys please quit coming on here and crying about cost until you really know WTFYAATA.

Futher more you failed to mention the cost of all the beer that went into the R&D and production of the first prototype Part. This is known in the business community as non recurring cost. I'm just making my beer money back on you poor guys so get over it.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Well beer and the $100 in parts/tools one ruins trying to build the first bracket. Ask me how I know
Originally Posted by rockytopper
Futher more you failed to mention the cost of all the beer that went into the R&D and production of the first prototype Part. This is known in the business community as non recurring cost. I'm just making my beer money back on you poor guys so get over it.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rockytopper

As for how easy it is to make a bracket that will work and look as good put your money were you mouth is. There have been many cry babies come on here and run there mouth about how people are stealing from them with these high price swap parts.

I'm sorry but in the 2 years I have been doing this hobby there have only been a hand full of need. All you guys please quit coming on here and crying about cost until you really know WTFYAATA.
Who's crying? I don't really care at this point, I thought your price was high for what your selling and left it at that. The guy wanted a cheaper alternative to kwik perfomance brackets and you jumped in to push your product like we have no other alternatives...are you a site sponsor?

If your comfortable with your price then there is no need to defend yourself like your trying to do right now.

I'm just going to make sure that the second generation camaro guys know that a $15 oem bracket will do the job just fine. No need to buy expensive aftermarket brackets.

I didn't have my head in my a** over my bracket delemma....I was doing R & D and figured it out...hence the post in threads

Man we can go all day about this. You need to have mentality that your going to get people that thinks your price is high...it's all part of doing business. I've passed on used cars before because I thought the sellers price was more than I was willing to pay....I told them and moved on to the next car.

And yes people do steal from the LSx guys with the high cost of parts...take headers for example...R & D borrow someones car and build a mock-up off that. Then because they are the only one that sells that product...they mark the price up $300 - 400 more than a comparable set in a classic V8. It's all about the bottom dollar and I cant say I blame them.

corvette parts have a mark-up too....even though its the same part as one that went on another GM vehicle.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry but I didn't respond to your post justifying the price of my part. I told you I didn't really care what you thought. I then believe several other folks reponded to you in a nice way and basically said YDNWTFYWTA. I don't even know any of these guys. You then responded trying to justify your opinion by saying BLA BLA BLA it's so easy and besides that there is all this negative feed back about it anyway floating around. Which is a out right lie . Just keep running your mouth you make more sense when you have your head up your *** Like I already pointed out to you.

Quick Reply: Brackets