Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx x-bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LSx x-bodies?

im tryin to find some info on LSx x-bodies(62-67).

i just wrecked my 99zm6 a couple days ago and the body got alittle tweaked. So........now i basically have a ls1/t56 doner car with 68k mi. at first i was thinking about finding another newer f-body roller to swap them into, but then my buddy told me about a rust free 63 nova thats already got a linked/narrowed 9",cage, and some other stuff for cheap. i might be able to get it this weekend, but surprisingly i havent found much info in this section. i did find ACONLP's build in my search tho, and that thing is SICK! i really think i would have fun doing a build like this.

whats the reason for this swap not being very popular? i'l keep searching but if someone has some links they want to post up, i'd greatly appreciate it
Old 06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Front Sub frame is tight and not well designed. many would put a aftermarket sub frame on 1st. but it could be done with the OEM front end.. Light and small.. will be fast !

Also would require a front sump oil pan i think as well as upgrading the suspension a lot, does it have 4 lug wheels ?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
The Front Sub frame is tight and not well designed. many would put a aftermarket sub frame on 1st. but it could be done with the OEM front end.. Light and small.. will be fast !

Also would require a front sump oil pan i think as well as upgrading the suspension a lot, does it have 4 lug wheels ?

idk. i've only seen pics of it on my buddies cell. but the first thing i would get would be a HEIDT's sub-frame and then go from there
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first things first im pretty sure you are going to have to cut and modify the trans tunnel to run the t56. im doing the exact same swap and ive been researching the front suspension for years and the best thing to do imo is just buy the kit, if you are actually going to drive the car. after you factor in the brakes, rack and pinon steering and the improved suspension you are going to have just about the 2 grand that the heits kit cost. also with the kit you will gain all sorts of clearance, for example headers and the oil pan. i think you can run just an regular ls1 fbody oil pan with the kits. any nova experts please chime in if i am wrong because like ive said before i am doing the same swap.

Quick Reply: LSx x-bodies?