Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP Conversion Kit Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jones'n
When will the in-frame S-10 long tubes be available for sale?
They are available now, please call us at 770-751-0687 since they aren't list on the website yet.
Jeff
Old 10-22-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

make a kit for my 65 catalina. lol
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by usafws6
Actually we have a customer bringing a 66 Impala (B-Body), we should starting on that kit after we get back from SEMA. As soon as we start on it I'll post some information.
Jeff
Old 10-22-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice, i cant wait for that kit to come out.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will your G-Body headers (1 7/8) fit with Moroso's solid frame (62630) and motor mounts (62515) along with Edelbrocks motor plates (6701)? With this setup everything is in the stock location. Just for reference, my F-Body oil pan sits 3/4 to 1" above the cross member.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 11-14-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
Will your G-Body headers (1 7/8) fit with Moroso's solid frame (62630) and motor mounts (62515) along with Edelbrocks motor plates (6701)? With this setup everything is in the stock location. Just for reference, my F-Body oil pan sits 3/4 to 1" above the cross member.
I wouldn't be able to give you a solid answer on this since we haven't tried to fit our headers with other mounts.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has anyone else tried BRP's headers with a combination somewhat like the one I'm working with above?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

The 66 Impala will be here in two weeks, I spoke with the customer yesterday and verified that he is bringing to us. When it gets here I'll post and let you know that we are starting on it.
Jeff
Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Teching In

i just got a set for 85 monte carlo ss 1 3/4 inch and fit great with transdapt with the orignal clam sheel mounts and a gm performance hot rod pan set up i can get part# if need sit flush with bottom of cross member i was very happy with fitment thanks BRP
Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome, too bad i dont still live in ga you guys could build a kit around my catalina instead.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 85monte_ss
i just got a set for 85 monte carlo ss 1 3/4 inch and fit great with transdapt with the orignal clam sheel mounts and a gm performance hot rod pan set up i can get part# if need sit flush with bottom of cross member i was very happy with fitment thanks BRP
If possible please send the details in an email and a few pictures so that we can make a catalog of detailed header fitments.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-01-2010, 08:08 AM
FormerVendor

awesome, too bad i dont still live in ga you guys could build a kit around my catalina instead.
It would make things much easier, but we'll do our best to make sure you get taken care of. Please send me a PM so I have your contact info.
Jeff
Old 12-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Does your revised A-Body kit include the CTSV oil pan? Your website doesn't state this information? Also, do you offer the motor and frame mounts without the trans cross member? I was planning to use my stock trans cross member and modifying it to work. BTW, this is going into a 69 Chevelle with a T56.

thx
Old 12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MrBollWeevil97
Does your revised A-Body kit include the CTSV oil pan? Your website doesn't state this information? Also, do you offer the motor and frame mounts without the trans cross member? I was planning to use my stock trans cross member and modifying it to work. BTW, this is going into a 69 Chevelle with a T56.

thx
Please disregard first question. I found my answer that you kit does not include the CTSV oil pan. But, still would like to know if you do offer your motor and frame mounts without the crossmember?

thx
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MrBollWeevil97
Please disregard first question. I found my answer that you kit does not include the CTSV oil pan. But, still would like to know if you do offer your motor and frame mounts without the crossmember?

thx
YES, we do offer the engine mounts, frame mounts and hardware. Ye do not list them on the website, but they are $280 plus shipping. For guys that are going to use the factory crossmember we also offer billet transmission mount spacers in 1/4", 1/2" & 3/4" thickness, this way you can make sure you and up with the correct driveline angle. Note that on some cars you'll need to lower the rear of the transmission requiring modification of the crossmember.
Jeff
Old 12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
YES, we do offer the engine mounts, frame mounts and hardware. Ye do not list them on the website, but they are $280 plus shipping. For guys that are going to use the factory crossmember we also offer billet transmission mount spacers in 1/4", 1/2" & 3/4" thickness, this way you can make sure you and up with the correct driveline angle. Note that on some cars you'll need to lower the rear of the transmission requiring modification of the crossmember.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff for the information. I'll call when ready to place my order.

best regards,
Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I answered my own question (post 25) and the answer is somewhat. Yesterday I finally got around to installing my BRPHotrods 1 7/8" long tube headers. Keep in mind that I am not using their motor and frame mounts. The passanger side number 4 tube needed to be flattened about 3/8" - 7/16" in a 2 - 2 1/2" length to clear the lower a-arm. This tube raps under the inside edge of the a-arm. After I was done I had about 1/8" clearance. The drivers side was much easier only needing a couple of small love taps to give me a little more clearance for the oil filter. Be warned you have to have the car up at least 2ft to get the header in on the driver side but not on the passanger side. My only concern is the slip on header collectors. If they don't seep causing an annoying exhaust leak (tapping sound) then they're alright. Over-all I think they are great. I really don't think that one tube I had to "re-work" will hurt anything and they fit better than I expected in relationship to the floor. You guys running 1 3/4" tubes will not have to flatten that one tube as much.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
Well I answered my own question (post 25) and the answer is somewhat. Yesterday I finally got around to installing my BRPHotrods 1 7/8" long tube headers. Keep in mind that I am not using their motor and frame mounts. The passanger side number 4 tube needed to be flattened about 3/8" - 7/16" in a 2 - 2 1/2" length to clear the lower a-arm. This tube raps under the inside edge of the a-arm. After I was done I had about 1/8" clearance. The drivers side was much easier only needing a couple of small love taps to give me a little more clearance for the oil filter. Be warned you have to have the car up at least 2ft to get the header in on the driver side but not on the passanger side. My only concern is the slip on header collectors. If they don't seep causing an annoying exhaust leak (tapping sound) then they're alright. Over-all I think they are great. I really don't think that one tube I had to "re-work" will hurt anything and they fit better than I expected in relationship to the floor. You guys running 1 3/4" tubes will not have to flatten that one tube as much.
How about ground clearance? How far would you estimate they hang below the engine crossmember?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are not bad at all and I'll go check the relationship to the engine crossmember later today. I had a BBChevy with hooker headers before this and these headers sit about where those sat or slightly closer to the floor; however those headers had 2" tubes. I would'nt think that there would be any ground clearence issues.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 01-01-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedtigger
How about ground clearance? How far would you estimate they hang below the engine crossmember?
Checked ground clearence and the lowest header tube is about 2" from the engine crossmember on the drivers side and 1 1/2" on the passanger side. The collectors sits about an inch lower than my G-Force trans crossmember exhaust opening on the drivers side (very good). I do have a 1/2" spacer under the trans mount to correct the negative motor/trans angle caused by the thickness of the Edelbrock engine plates. People not using plates may not have to flatten the one tube as much if at all.

Quick Reply: BRP Conversion Kit Updates