Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 dlc question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 dlc question

forgive me if i didnt post in the right place. "be easy with me its my first time lol" i have a 00 extreme with a 99 ls1 heart transplant. basicaly done with a few probs. truck idles bad and is skipping mostly at low rpm. i cant seem to determine the problem because my dlc doesnt work. it has power but doesnt show the codes or sensor funtion. im on my second computer with no change. also all my gauges work, even the check engine light. heres whats new harness, comp, "current performance", iat, upstream o2s, maf, headers, spectre cold air, plugs, wires, coolant temp sensor, rad, fans, a/c, fuel pump, lines, regulator. used several scan tools and laptops same result. truck runs so i figure comp ok, scan tool works on evr thing but truck so figure its fine. im not a wireing guy but i figure its gota b a prob between comp and dlc.

i want to put a dlc at the comp under the hood, to rule out probs with truck side of wiring. what wires do i need to cut and splice into? which ones do i ground? do i ground to frame, bodyor computer ground? will this result in my gauges not working? sorry for long post, figured the more info the bettery. Thanks!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like you have already done this, but start by checking for +12v power on the orange wire, and ground on both black wires. If that checks out follow the purple wire back to the PCM, it goes from the dlc to connector #230 pin K as a purple wire, and then from there to the PCM blue connector pin #58

Quick Reply: ls1 dlc question