Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Management Computer Reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010 | 06:29 PM
Teching In

Default Engine Management Computer Reprogramming

My apologies up front if this question has been asked/answered already. I tried the search feature and didn't find anything, but may have used wrong search criteria. If there is an answer already, it would be sufficient if someone will just reference me to it or provide a link.

Here is my question. I see a lot of ads, herein, and on other sites for the service of re-programming the EMC to one's "custom set" of data.

Most of the ads read the same and indicate that the service can/will remove the anti-theft feature and the diagnostic codes, and other items. What I want to know is, can the diagnostic codes be left alone, with only those codes related to sensors no longer used eliminated, but leaving the rest of them so it is possible to use an OBDII scan tool to diagnose problems?
Old 10-17-2010 | 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

not sure I understand your question...but that is the intent of custom programming, eliminate what you do not need
Old 10-17-2010 | 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

That sounds like exactly what they are offering to do. Turn the codes off for what you don't want, and leave the rest so a code reader will still work fine if a code pops up for a device that is actually being used.
Old 10-18-2010 | 03:58 AM
TECH Resident
10 Year Member

Ditto Jones'n ^^^. Not required diagnostic codes are disabled, but a lot of them aren't necessarily obvious with some of the more esoteric ones. And various other diag tests are disabled.

Quick Reply: Engine Management Computer Reprogramming