Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have 2 harmonic balancers - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have 2 harmonic balancers - which one?

Ok, I am using the corvette accessory drive on an '09 5.3. I've already removed the truck balancer and have two balancers that look real close but appear to be a little different in size. One came used as a claimed 'vette take off and has 594271 on it. I ordered a Dorman replacement balancer, 594155, for basically a 2003 C5 Corvette. I can not cross reference the 594271 balancer anywhere, it appears to be about a 1/16 of an inch or so longer from the face to hub than the Dorman 594155 piece.

Any idea which one I should use? thanks
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Launching!

go with the dorman one for the vette.... if you are using vette accessories as the belt sits closer to the block, and the offspacing would be correct..
Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sure that's what I'll end up doing but I'm also trying to figure out what the 594271 is. I'll avoid bashing but I bought the corvette accessory drive from a recognized person and company here to include a used take off corvette balancer. the 594271 is the second one they've sent me and said its a corvette. Out of the 4 balancers I now have, the first 'mistake' doesn't even come close to the 2 known balancers I have (the dorman replacement and the truck one that I took off). The second balancer they've sent me (594271) comes close and could be right but not yet confirmed. I'm going to be severely irritated if they wasted my time again.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure on the part numbers but the truck pulley should be 1.5" longer than the Vette one. The F-body and GTO pulleys are .75" shorter than the truck and .75 longer than the Vette. This is all referencing where the belt rides on the pulley. The different part numbers could be from a CTS-V which accessory drive mimics the GTO and F-body placement but runs the same distance from the block as the Vette accessories.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

yes - I clearly know which one is the truck balancer because of its size and I removed it from the engine (new). I'd like to return my dorman replacement for a refund if the 594271 is in fact suitable for the corvette accessory drive. Its close in size but has me concerned that it appears to be 1/16" longer. Kind of surprised I couldn't find a list will all the factory harmonic balancer part numbers for LS motors.

Quick Reply: Have 2 harmonic balancers - which one?