Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using brp mounts in 2nd gen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody using brp mounts in 2nd gen?

Looking towards getting the brp conversion kit for my 71 camaro. Is it worth the money or can you do it cheaper another way? From the looks of it its pretty well bolt it in and go in the factory holes but I was wondering what you guys thought.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went with the carshop 1in setbacks, and factory chevy mounts..... perfect
Old 12-19-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 598 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by ricky levins
Looking towards getting the brp conversion kit for my 71 camaro. Is it worth the money or can you do it cheaper another way? From the looks of it its pretty well bolt it in and go in the factory holes but I was wondering what you guys thought.
I was originally going to use them. Then I was waiting on RetroLSx's kit too. They (retro) never went into production. I was told repeatedly just to use 1" setback mounts w/F-body pan.

So once money became tighter, I went cheap E-bay mounts ($35.oo) Which only worked correctly as I had BBC frame stands. If you have SBC stands, you need plates like Car Chop. These are plates with the engine mounts holes are approx. 1/4-3/8" lower than the holes going to the block.

I plan on using Edelbrock headers. ~$535.95 www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-65073/ This is a common choice as many people find the quiality and fit excellent. I plan on using a 4L65E trans with a SUMMIT crossmember www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-770315/ I believe this should be a bolt in. Some people simply modify their stock crossmember