Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Donor 99 camaro to 63 impala

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donor 99 camaro to 63 impala

Here it is, I have running 99 camaro z28(Donor). I have a 1963 Impala SS (recipient). I am using the ls1 and the 4l60.

THe Question:
How much of the the Donor can I use and place in the impala( rearend, disc etc)? How much of the wire harness do I pull?

Before I start parting it out, I want to use as much of the donor as possible.

Thank You in Advance.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Teching In

As soon i remove what i can use, ima need to get rid of the rest of the car. how much can i sell the the shell for? complete shell no dents paint okay, body straight.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

i would take the wire harness out carefully and when you take the car apart i would tag all of the parts and put it in an accel spreadsheet so you know what you have. when you use it on the impala cross it off. when you are done you can go on here and sell the rest of the parts to get some money back. i would also keep everything until you know for sure you wont need it. i know if you keep it fi you will need the sensors and the comp. just my two cents
Old 01-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Teching In

When you say wireharness,sensors and comp, how much of the wireharness will i need to remove. Do i have to go under the dash? Do i need to remove the relay/fuse boxes? Is it as simple as removing what attaches to the engine/intake and computer?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bigtoe
When you say wireharness,sensors and comp, how much of the wireharness will i need to remove. Do i have to go under the dash? Do i need to remove the relay/fuse boxes? Is it as simple as removing what attaches to the engine/intake and computer?
The Whole engine harness is separate from the harness in the car, the connect behind the passenger side kick panel 3 plugs i think.

Im not shure it the fuse box is connected to the engine harness or not on an f-body. i think it is someone ealse confirm this.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its possible to use the whole harness, but thats a big mess!

Just unplug the connectors in the pass side kick panel, and the three on the pass side strut tower. Thats all you need to use for the engine, you can send that off to be setup to plug in and play. Or you can do it yourself, just cut one of the fuse boxes out of the camaro under the hood to use.

I'm not sure about rearend width differences, but i'm sure you can make it work with some cutting and welding.

Make sure you buy a billet carrier bearing for the driveshaft, I'll bet $$ you will obliterate the stock one or even a stock replacement one as soon as you hit the throttle!

Quick Reply: Donor 99 camaro to 63 impala