Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 GTO donor questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 GTO donor questions

I'm doing my own wiring, partly because I'm cheap, and partly becuase no one seems to make a harness for the 04 GTO which is not drive by wire.

Can anyone share a schematic of how they did the swap?
Seems like a I have a lot more left over wires than I would have with a F body PCM and harness.

I have the PCM pinouts, and the GTO schematic.
What I'm not sure of is what to do with things like the "throttle relaxer" and wires that were headed to a PIM (which if it's a separate piece I sure didn't find it when I disassemble the donor car) and fuel tank pressure senders, and .....

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Launching!

What is this harness going into? The 04 GTO was drive by cable. Speartech did my harness from an 04 gto and there was no fuel pressure sender. It looks pretty straight forward but Im not expert. thats why i let speartech do it lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Get an alldata diy subscription for the 2004 GTO motor it has all the correct diagrams and you won't have to search for them. I had one but it has run out or I would share. The throttle relaxer and most of the other wires going to the PIM are for traction control, if you aren't going to use traction control they can be deleted.
Another problem you are going to run into is fan relay control. The BCM controls either high or low speed fan relay and the PCM controls the other. The BCM also controls AC request signal from a serial data line.
I got a reprogrammed PCM from Tuned By Frost that has the tune for a F-body LS1 and pinned the harness to match. That way you already have the fan relays and A/C input on the PCM, much easier.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

04's still used a LS1, so wire it like a 99-02 Fbody which has TONs of info out
Old 01-26-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything that went the BCM, or "that other computer" I got rid of. Just concerned myself w/ what connected to the PCM and all has been well.

I hope that helps...
Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Compare what you've got with this vortec pinout from lt1swap.com. Judging what I've seen on the GTO (courtesy chevythunder.com), it looks similar.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the replies.
I'm working my way thru it one wire at a time.

At this point, I guess my biggest concern is if I don't tie in certain wires because I'm not using the device they're tied to, like fuel tank pressure, will that cause a no run, poor running, or some fault code....

Trending Topics

Old 01-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Just have them tuned out when the PCM is reprogrammed. Search for posts made by Pocket about how to do your own harness.

Quick Reply: 2004 GTO donor questions