Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake swap TB ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS6 intake swap TB ??

I have an LQ9 that I am putting an ls6 intake on. I got a 07 truck intake hoping that it would clear the LQ9 throttle body. It does not.
Is the ls1 or ls6 DBW throttle smaller?
Or do I need a different water pump? like an F-body

?
Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You need either a Corvette throttle body (DBW) which has the controls on the opposite side or a "car" water pump which may require spacers depending on the rest of your accessories.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
You need either a Corvette throttle body (DBW) which has the controls on the opposite side or a "car" water pump which may require spacers depending on the rest of your accessories.
Is there a specific year or model corvette TB?
Old 01-30-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have truck accessories so I would have to space it. What car wp? F-body & what years?
Thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by crosstraining
I have truck accessories so I would have to space it. What car wp? F-body & what years?
Thanks
F-Body pumps (98 - 02) are all front outlet instead of top. 97 to 04 Vette pumps are usually the same part number at the parts store. I've heard of people taking the car pulley off and using the truck pulley but I was going to make a pair of aluminum spacers so if it broke on the side of the road far away from my tools I could swap it with little drama. I never swapped pumps so I don't remember what the distance needs to be and I have never seen the spacers I'm talking about for sale in the right dimensions - but I have seen them. The ones I saw were crazy like 1.5, 2 inches or something and you only need about .75 inch or there about. They were also insanely expensive which is why I was going to make some. I never got motivated because my water pump never went out and I made the truck one fit (non DBW) I just didn't like the upper radiator hose.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

F-Body pumps (98 - 02) are all front outlet instead of top. 97 to 04 Vette pumps are usually the same part number at the parts store. I've heard of people taking the car pulley off and using the truck pulley but I was going to make a pair of aluminum spacers so if it broke on the side of the road far away from my tools I could swap it with little drama. I never swapped pumps so I don't remember what the distance needs to be and I have never seen the spacers I'm talking about for sale in the right dimensions - but I have seen them. The ones I saw were crazy like 1.5, 2 inches or something and you only need about .75 inch or there about. They were also insanely expensive which is why I was going to make some. I never got motivated because my water pump never went out and I made the truck one fit (non DBW) I just didn't like the upper radiator hose.
Thanks. I will try the F-body pump. I just made a spacer for my idler relocation, so I will try to make the spacers for the water pump too.
Thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crosstraining
Is there a specific year or model corvette TB?
You need one like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01...item5194ad6154

Trending Topics

Old 01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$430...... I guess I'll go with a car water pump. These builds are expensive, but my part buying mistakes are killing me!
I have a new 07 truck water pump for sale if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: LS6 intake swap TB ??