Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Body swap header

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Seagram----how is the clearance from the bottom of the header to the bottom of the oil pan(and what pan are you using)? i ask because im using homemade mounts and an F-Body pan. My pan bottom is perfectly level with bottom of crossmember, and i cannot use headers that are any lower than my crossmember due to fact i am running airbags....thanx! a picture or 2 would be great
Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

My Doug's headers made contact with the steering shaft, tuck all the way against the floor pans (annoying) and the coating is holding up well on the collectors.

Also hate that I keep burning through Kevlar boot protectors for plug wires. There is plenty of clearance they could have corrected this issue.

Other than that they are ok.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why people dont just use F-body headers. I took the LS1/t56 out of my TA and my headers. I decide to try them before I bought a new set, they fit great. I pulled them right up from the bottom, the stock proportion valve was in the way but I have to gut the brakes anyway. The PS lower emission tube was in the way so it got chopped and plugged, if they didnt have them they would have slide right in. I think you can get them with out.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2291-1HKR/
TSP might even be a copy of those.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

My Pacesetter off-road LT for a f-body fit very nicely as well but from what I have read the f-bodies are very dependent on positioning of the engine. I have about 1/4" on the pass frame rail 2"-3" on the crossmember 2" on the driver frame rail. The only problem I had with them was I had to take the steering shaft loose to get the driver side in then after I tightened the header up I found the I had to take it back loose the get the shaft back in but I plenty of clearance all said and done. The other thing is the awkward angle of the driver side collector.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 71ANTICARB
My Pacesetter off-road LT for a f-body fit very nicely as well but from what I have read the f-bodies are very dependent on positioning of the engine. I have about 1/4" on the pass frame rail 2"-3" on the crossmember 2" on the driver frame rail. The only problem I had with them was I had to take the steering shaft loose to get the driver side in then after I tightened the header up I found the I had to take it back loose the get the shaft back in but I plenty of clearance all said and done. The other thing is the awkward angle of the driver side collector.
I had the Pacesetters in my '69 442 before I went turbo...these fit great, got it in the car without removing anything. Used the Edelbrock adapters and PST mounts. Passenger side is perfect, driverside is really good and the awkward turn of the header is workable to get back thru the crossmember.

VERY cheap comparatively.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I have the MSD wires and the boots are bendable to the angle you need. Works with my Doug's headers no problem.
Do you have a part #?

Quick Reply: A Body swap header