Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls swap fuel pump relay problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls swap fuel pump relay problem

been working on a ls swap in a 78 camaro every thing is done but the fuel pump wiring, I can not figure out whats up with the #9 pin off the red side for the fuel pump relay, as of now I have the power side of the relay hooked to the pos. post of the battery and I have the ground for the relay being tripped by the #9 pin on the ecm.
The red #9 pin on the ecm should give a ground sig. to turn on the relay right??

As its wired now for some resone I have 12v on the # 9 pin with ignition on and if I turn off ignition the 12v goes away.
So I was thinking I just needed constant ground for the fuel pump relay and just use the pos. off the #9 pin but I can not get hp tuner to control the relay by manually on/off for the fuel pump
PLEASE help this is confusing me
Old 02-24-2011, 01:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 251 Likes on 192 Posts

HP Tuners will not control that #9..not that I know of anyways.

That #9 is a 12v coming from the PCM, so ground the Relay, and the PCM will energize it. It should stay hot for 3 sec if the Engine isnt running.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my hp tuners can manually turn on and off the fuel pump with the vcm control button in the scanner.(98-02 camaro)
but ether way the #9 pin stays hot as long as the key is on, If I new the rev limiter would still cut fuel at a set rpm I would wire it up using the #9 pin as my hot side for the relay
but I dont think it will cut fuel for a set rpm
thanks for your input

Quick Reply: ls swap fuel pump relay problem