Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 VSS problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 VSS problem

I have a bit of an issue with my CJ7/ls1 swap it runs good and I drive it all the time but I'm having trouble getting the VSS to work. I bought the speed sensor from Novak conversions and have not been able to get it to work. I programmed it to the amount of pulses they said and did the gear ratio that I have and did this using EFI Live I pretty certain I have this right. I checked the harness to make sure that I was hooking up the correct wires and that is right. the sensor is the kind that screws onto the transfer case output for the speedo cable and I'm running the stock Dana 300 Tcase and a TH350 auto behind a LS1 that had the 6 speed manual originally. when I get it all hooked up and programmed right I get no indication to the laptop that the sensor is picking up speed.

I know there have been people that have done a similar swap so what gives? I cannot get mine to work. So what are people using and how are they getting them to work? the problem is is that I believe this is causing the engine to run funny, Like one time it runs strong and the next time it doesnt have much power and the throttle feels funny like if I smash on it and let off to a lean cruise it feels like I let clear off the pedal, Or it I punch it it will take off hard and then loose half the power. so I seem to have the symptoms of the engine not going into closed loop operation. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Quick Reply: LS1 VSS problem