Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with T56 vss connection

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with T56 vss connection

May be not the right spot to post this but ... I've searched with no luck.

I have an LS1 in a 77 Corvette with a T56, I'm trying to hook up the connections, I've got the reverse lockout and lights figured out but I need to get to the vss connection.
I have a pigtail for the 2 wires but not sure where they should go. I'm running the stock LS1 harness, so should it connect to the ecm? OR someplace else ?

I'm eventually going to run an electronic speedo (autometer?) but for right now I'm hoping if I can hook up the vss someplace it might readout on the diagnostic port on my scan tool.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Frank

Last edited by myoriginal77; 06-11-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typos
Old 06-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2 wires from the back of the transmission go to the computer. You will need to look up where the high and low signal and what pin out numbers to use + match up color code on wires. I use a Autometer Speedo that will use one of the wires to hook up speedo for the pulse(outgoing from computer). You will need to set the Autometer speedo dip switch to a 4 cylinder when used with an Ls1 NOT 8 cylinder. Not sure about your diag tool! I used HP tuners pro.

For the reverse lockout, I modified and took out the solenoid and sawed the housing off tig welded a plate cover, cut down piston shaft + spring, put back together, and was left with a strong spring to crash through. In the end it looks like a flush plate over the hole. The switch works for the reverse lights that are on the other side of transmission from Reverse Lockout.

Find out what year computer you have and get the pin out diagram. This will help you out alot.

2002 LS1 swaped into a 74 Triumph TR6 <<< My Swap with all vett front runner.

Quick Reply: Need help with T56 vss connection