Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq9 in foxbody, need help please...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq9 in foxbody, need help please...

Hey fellas hows it going, i have an 89lx mustang that im planning on swapping a lq9 into it, i have always been around fords so know little about the ls1 and have alot of learning to do. I know this swap is not something new and has been done before many times but its new to me haha, therefore i wanted to ask you guys from A-Z what will i need other than the k member from aje that im currently looking into, what problems will i run into, what modifications will need to be done to it, basically advice from someone that has done this swap. Any feedback or advice will be highly appreciated and i thank all of you for the support, i heard alot of great things about this site from my chevy buddys, so look forward to hearing your guys input and learn lots of knowledge from you guys...thanks again ls1tech and members
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know much about the specifics of that swap but I know if you jump into the conversions section of this website you should be able to find a lot of useful information as this is a pretty common set up.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep I madea build thread myself. Just hit the search button up top and you will find every single detail regarding whats need for the swap.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

besides kmember, you will need headers, trans xmember and driveshaft mods. you can use 351 headers with ls1 flanges welded on. i used 302 headers on mine. you can get the aje xmmember or just build your own if you have access to steel and a welder. driveshaft will have to made depending on what trans you use. you will need a fbody oil pan and accessory bracket if you dont want to use truck setup with cowl style hood.maybe some other guys will chime in on there setups.
i have done 2 swaps, 89 lx and 94 v6. i made my mounts to use stock kmember for both and truck oil pan. on 94 i made brackets to keep ford ac and alt. on the 89, i used truck accessories with svo cowl hood. 302 headers on both and made my own trans xmember.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigchief52780
besides kmember, you will need headers, trans xmember and driveshaft mods. you can use 351 headers with ls1 flanges welded on. i used 302 headers on mine. you can get the aje xmmember or just build your own if you have access to steel and a welder. driveshaft will have to made depending on what trans you use. you will need a fbody oil pan and accessory bracket if you dont want to use truck setup with cowl style hood.maybe some other guys will chime in on there setups.
i have done 2 swaps, 89 lx and 94 v6. i made my mounts to use stock kmember for both and truck oil pan. on 94 i made brackets to keep ford ac and alt. on the 89, i used truck accessories with svo cowl hood. 302 headers on both and made my own trans xmember.
So what was involved with making the bracket for the ford a/c compressor on the 94? I like that idea, alot! Would probably take a lot of guesswork out of the a/c setup on my 95. Got any pics?

Sorry for the hijack.

Quick Reply: lq9 in foxbody, need help please...