Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice work, so far... keep the updates coming
Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Customs.

i went out to start making stuff, then realized, i have no 4.5" discs for my angle grinder, and lent out my extension cords to a friend! ARG! lol.

So im waiting on him to get here so i can do something, lol
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Little Update, new motor got here today, Thanks AKINAFC!

This will get all the Fbody stuff and dropped into place hopefully before the week is over, im expecting the new t6 flange and new 2.25" OBX vbands here by the end of next week and i will restart the fabrication process.

I got a bit of good news today, after learning the hard way i CAN NOT use the "shorty" style powerglide that i have in my posession, i got in contact with the manufacturing company, Transmission specialties, TSI.

let me first say, what a stand up company, unreal. I did not buy this trans from them direct, i bought it from a local guy who bought it about 1 year ago for a project that never got off the ground.

Peter, the owner of the company talked to me this morning and offered to take this transmission in on a straight up trade for a standard length Proline2000 with transbrake, same trans, but the actual one i need with a tail shaft. All i have to do is cover the shipping, he is going to also upgrade the pan to a deep pan and add a bell housing/flexplate shield for very little money. I hope to ship mine out next week or before this week is over. Thanks TSI! Stand up guys! They did not have to do this, i didnt even buy from them.

Anyway, im going to order the grannies trans cross member that the Granny's users use, and i should be able to have my drivetrain all in the car in the next month and get rolling pretty hard core until tax season when i purchase the and install the 8.8

Old 10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That car should be a blast to drive once you get it done. Glad to see you got started with your next build. Subscribed.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by camarof41_383
That car should be a blast to drive once you get it done. Glad to see you got started with your next build. Subscribed.

Hey thanks man! I really hope it is.

Did i see you run at the shootout? I thought for sure i noticed your car. Looked pretty good if it was you.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Launching!

nice cant wait till you complete this, should be sweet and fun as hell to drive!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JAX04
Hey thanks man! I really hope it is.

Did i see you run at the shootout? I thought for sure i noticed your car. Looked pretty good if it was you.
Yea I ran at the shootout. It didn't run what it should have run but considering the issues it had it didn't do too bad. The fuel pump is going bad and pumping less that half of what it should so it was running out of fuel and going way lean. The torque converter isn't right either, the stall is about 1000RPM's higher than it should have been and the slippage was about 14-15%. I'll get those issues fixed this winter and get it running up to its potential next year.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Im sure it will all work out for ya man. That is a really nice car and youve done a hell of a job on it!

Making a little progress, have to order another 180* to finish it up, the driver side required another bend that i wasnt planning on.

Anyway, here is what i have so far, this was done in the car, then moved to the complete motor to make sure i clear the balancer

The weld look like **** as i suck at welding, but its going to a welder friend for Tig welding once i tack in the rest.

Im probably going to add a bellow incase it pulls during finish welding. Anyway, heres where its at, the motor its on has the Fbody pan and stuff on it now, just need to finish the top end and i will drop it in as soon as the new trans gets here.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Got the trans back from getting converted to a full length

Getting back to business here....

I know its empty, but damn, i thought for sure it was heavier then this...

Old 12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

update?
Old 12-12-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slimbobaggins
update?
Oops, i forgot about this thread, lol.

We'll just say that the Rx7 has undergone MAJOR body modifications? and has completely changed form... lol

Ill start a new build thread once i make a little progress on the new toy.

Its American
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

cool... keep up the good work

Quick Reply: Jax04--88'rx7---88mm?---L33--PowerGlide---8.8"--v1.0