Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevelle first start problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm seeing a few posts with people with similar problems and they attributed it to the ign wire going to a switched source that turned off when starting. Does anyone know of a good place to find the right source? Some say use the fuse box but I have a fuse box from 67 and am not sure what to hook into.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can pull the IGN +12v from the fuse box, Check for a termnial that power comes on when the Ign key is in the Start position. 1) Power should not go OFF when moved from RUN to the Start position. 2) The power needs to stay ON once you move the key from START to RUN.. else the power to the PCM well be cut off.

Some well use the +12v wire that normally powers the Ign Coil. (warning, do not use the wire from the starter to the coil, that was used to power the coil/distributor a full 12volt if there is a resistor block, the white block that is inline to power the coil, the resistor block was used on the coil that used lower voltage).

The IGN +12v is used to power all of the Pink wired devices (Coil, Injectors, sensor, switch, etc). The power to those should be cut off when the IGN switch/Key is moved to the OFF position.

You can also use a Relay to make sure your get full battery power, just use one of the IGN hot wire to activate the Relay..
Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Tied it into the ignition on the fuse block and got a little cough from the engine but still no fire. Gonna keep trying.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

I just went through all of it and she fired on up. Not sure what the exact problem was, but I'm sure I owe credit to you guys! Thanks for the help!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 917 Posts

Glad you got it all worked out!

Andrew

Quick Reply: Chevelle first start problem