Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New on ls1 world!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New on ls1 world!!

Hello ls1tech members! I just got the complete ls1 /t56 and all the wiring from a 02 camaro i'm swaping this on my 67 do i need all wires or just the engine harness? And do i need to pull off all the unused wires? Any help will be very apreciate!! Thanks !
Old 12-17-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i believe you need the new engine harness, and i think you can choose whether or not to leave the extra stuff.

(just wait about a day for the people that have done this swap to chime in)
Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Thanks nick !
Old 12-17-2011, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

All you need is the engine harness and you can rework that and take what you don't want out of it. In the end you will have a complete harness with three wires to hook up to.. Ground, Batt+ voltage, Ignition+ voltage. This is assuming you can tune out vats from the pcm or build a vats bypass box.

There are schematics all over this forums. Just find the pinout for whatever computer you have (I would recommend a 411) and wire the harness to the computer following that.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Update, I swapped the engine/trans a few weeks ago. It went smooth hardest part was the pedals and clutch master cylinder. Had to do some minor wiring (inj2 wire, reverse lights, neutral safety, and truck switch) first turn of the key it fired right up. Thank you for the help as it made this easier. Now to get a tune.