Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 reverse lockout activation via ecu

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 reverse lockout activation via ecu

In my swap Im running a Current Performance swap harness but my rev lockout doesnt work. Im using a '10 e67 ecu with a tune orginally from a '10 Colorado 5.3. The lockout was wired into pin 8 on c3. Light green wire. This is where its wired for a cts-v e67 manual. I was told the ecu grounds it so I tested with a test light against a 12v point in my fuse box against this pin. With the key out the light turns on, key in the run position the light goes out same as with the idle running and idling. Now that I think about it though wouldnt that mean my lockout would constantly be activated whenever my truck sits but its not?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

You checked to see if the ground is working properly but did you see if it has power? mabey its the lockout thats no good...
Old 01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But im not sure if the ground is working properly? The test light only lights when the key is off where it should be on whenever the pin acts like a ground. The trucks driver side is right up against the wall for storage so Ill have to move it to get to the lockout solenoid and test across the 2 pins on the actual plug. How often do the solenoids go bad? I bought the trans from tdp the sensors came with it but are used.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put a volt meter on the plug. 0v at key off and 12+v with key on, engine on, and even with speed 10mph +. it didnt go back to 0v when I accelerated? But the actuator still didnt unlock for some reason. not enough amps? I pulled the actuator out and tested it directly to the batt and i could push the plunger in no problem so the rev lock actuator does work.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

So when you put battery voltage it retracted or it extended? Im not 100 sure on when the actuator is supose to work on unwork. I will do some more looking. seams to me that its extended when there is no voltage and it retracts when ther eis voltage. Did you push the plunger in with your finger or did it manualy go in by its self? sounds to me like the actuator is ****
Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The plunger is extended with the pressure of the spring when no power is supplied to it. When it sees 12v the actuator retracts and allows the plunger to be pushed in easily.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

The easiest way to verify the solenoid works is to just ground your light green wire with the key on. You already verified that the circuit has power, and the ECM controls the circuit on the ground side. You can re-verify power with the test light connected to ground and the light green wire. You will need to use a fused wire connected to ground to operate the circuit and see if the solenoid works by trying to shift into reverse, then not connected.

I think you may find that the '10 Colorado does not use pin 8 of connector X3 and this might be the problem. The Colorado did not have a reverse lockout, and used a 5 speed Aisin manual (or a 4L-series auto), so the software probably ignores this pin. I learned from you that the CTSV and the Colorado used the same ECM, so I may not be much more help here.

Quick Reply: T56 reverse lockout activation via ecu