Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retro-fitting intank pump question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retro-fitting intank pump question

Im doing a 4.8 swap into a 71 caprice and I have an in tank assembly from a parts vehicle that Im fighting with my cheap a** to try and use instead of dropping the cash for a walbro inline

I was wondering if those who have done retro tank pumps or looked into it have ny advice or precautions on to go for it or just dump out my wallet for an easy-er inline.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I don't have info about what you are trying to do but if you buy the walbro I have a tip. There are lots of fake walbro pumps that are listed on ebay etc with a lower price. Make sure you get the genuine one because the fakes burn out quickly.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You might look into using a later model Impala/Caprice that is used for a EFI system, maybe the last generation of the larger B-Body 91' to 96', They were EFI ready.. I am using one in my Chevelle Swap.

maybe some of the later 80's also has EFI and would have intank pump already sump and ready to use. You might also look at the Late A/G-Body like the GN's that are EFI.

I think that is about as Cheap A## as you can get...

BC

take a look and compare tank size. I picked up my Impala (95') tank for $50 with pump and sender).
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM

Both good heads up, good things to know. Time to do some more digging, good info guys

Quick Reply: Retro-fitting intank pump question