Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about BRP set up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004 | 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Default Question about BRP set up.

Do you have to use tubular a-arms and disc brake spindles for a 69 camaro? I have been looking at there web site and can't get any info. off of it. Not even a price. Basically, I want to use the rack and pinion setup, but keep everything else the same, for now. I have drum brakes currently. I have done search but nothing really answered my question except that I think I can use this kit with the drum brakes but I am not certain of this. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-25-2004 | 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by toxic99
Do you have to use tubular a-arms and disc brake spindles for a 69 camaro? I have been looking at there web site and can't get any info. off of it. Not even a price. Basically, I want to use the rack and pinion setup, but keep everything else the same, for now. I have drum brakes currently. I have done search but nothing really answered my question except that I think I can use this kit with the drum brakes but I am not certain of this. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have an answer for you... but there website has the best resource for information on their kits... their PHONE NUMBER.

Not trying to rag on you, I just find it sort of funny that it seems that since the popularization of the internet, people have forgotten about the phone as a communication tool.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by grooves12
I don't have an answer for you... but there website has the best resource for information on their kits... their PHONE NUMBER.

Not trying to rag on you, I just find it sort of funny that it seems that since the popularization of the internet, people have forgotten about the phone as a communication tool.
lol, I know what you mean. But, if you look at the time that I made this thread, I couldn't call them. And I usually get a quick answer in here, but I guess not. I figured someone with this product would have the answer. Thanks for the lecture though.

Just kidding.
Old 03-25-2004 | 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

(In Superhero narration!)...This, is a job for NINEBALL!!! ...When last we checked, NINEBALL was recounting this rack setup in HIS 69. "Nineball, come in please!"
Old 03-25-2004 | 01:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I am using stock lower A-arms, so yes they work. The only difference between disk and drum spindles is that the drum ones have a bit thicker upper bolt hole boss. So, the billet steering arms should work on either type of spindle.
Old 03-25-2004 | 08:08 PM
12 Second Club

yea they work on either type of spindle. im using them on my drum brake spindle right now just have to do a lil more grinding.

Quick Reply: Question about BRP set up.